You gotta read this!

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
Wanted to share this with you guys with the promise of, if it happens, there will be a video link for all to see.

As some of you know, my wife and I get to leave Korea permanently in early October of this year. We will be in Maryland enjoying some much anticipated leave with my family. As it turns out, "Fords at Englishtown" is going on 15-17 Oct in NJ. They are having street night racing on 15 Oct.

Here's the best part; after telling my dad about it over the phone, saying that my wife and I wanted to go enjoy the racing and probably race my Lightning, he said he would be willing to throw down with his blown Jaguar J-type! My jaw hit the floor! Can you imagine lining up after your burnout and looking over and seeing a blown Jag in the other lane???

If my dad goes through with it, trust me, there will be video for all.

What do you think?

Rob

Here's the link for the racing at Englishtown in case anyone wants it:
Englishtown Raceway schedule Just click on "Drag Schedule" and then October for next month's schedule.

SERprise SVT

Sleepers are fun
Established Member
Originally posted by SID297
You'll eat that Jag's lunch.

Not so fast, my friend. If the L is stock (and I admit to not knowing this), the Jag R will give it a good run for the money.

Line up and rock them both! You'll have the time of your life, regardless.

Just re-read the XKR spec sheet: 399 lb/ft of torque in a car that weighs 6-700 pounds less than a L will be a nasty little bugger.

Last edited:

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
I'd say the L will definitely smoke a Jag off the line especially with some mods, but being the Jag is DOHC and weighs less, probably get the L on top end.

crazy4ink

Extreme Ratchet Abuser
Established Member
By the time Fords at Englishtown gets here in October, my L will be sporting the following mods:

CAI, JLP thunder tube, Accufab TB, ported upper intake, JDM phenolic spacer, ported blower, colder plugs, plasma booster, piller pod with AF ratio and boost gauges, lakewood slappers, driveshaft loop, Eibach drop spings in front and drop shackles in the rear, boost by-pass, and (hopefully) some kind of power cooler.

I should get my dad's Jag from a dig, but he most likely will beat me to the line. His Jag rockets through the gears and accelerates like a missile.

Should be fun though!

Users who are viewing this thread