You guys are nuts!

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Was down in San Diego and LA for a little business and fun. Went up to Magic Mountain on Saturday and everyone is going 85 on the freeway. Then, out of nowhere, it's 10 mph. I ended up rear ending a Dodge Charger. Those roads and drivers are nuts.

maddrabitt

Established Member
the freeway right there in front of magic mountain is dumb. I think they drop the speed limit down to 55 as soon as you get to the bottom of the mountain so everyones usually standing on their brakes right there. 85 is the norm down here though

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
This was actually around Rosecarn (sp?). Lousy rental did not have anti-lock brakes.

So 85 is normal? When do the cops start pulling over for speeding?

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
I dont get it...why is 85 nuts? you can always jump on the 91 west at 8 am and go 5mph

Slo65

o harro ^_^
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
This was actually around Rosecarn (sp?). Lousy rental did not have anti-lock brakes.

So 85 is normal? When do the cops start pulling over for speeding?

rosecrans?

yea cali drivers are nuts, you get used to it though :pepper:

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Slo65 said:
rosecrans?

yea cali drivers are nuts, you get used to it though :pepper:

Yea, Rosecrans, that's it.

Around here, (Seattle area) you can't get going that fast for any length of time. Too many hills, turns and traffic. You have to get out east on I-90 before you get some running room. Traffic is just ridiculous around here.

BayareaSS

Established Member
I moved down to Orange County from the bay and around here everyone drives so damn slow!!

In the bay you have to go 80+.....in the OC if i go 70 people are in my way. Everyone wants to go 60 or 65.

MOVE BITCH!! hahaha

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
I cruise control at 80 all the way to work and people pass me. Some even seem angry.

dmark101

dmark101
Established Member
wizbangdoodle said:
Yea, Rosecrans, that's it.

Around here, (Seattle area) you can't get going that fast for any length of time. Too many hills, turns and traffic. You have to get out east on I-90 before you get some running room. Traffic is just ridiculous around here.
that's not traffic.

ride the I-405 anywhere from the south bay to the 101, or the 101 from downtown to the valley.

hell, pick a freeway in SoCal. they're all bad. :(

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
BayareaSS said:
I moved down to Orange County from the bay and around here everyone drives so damn slow!!

In the bay you have to go 80+.....in the OC if i go 70 people are in my way. Everyone wants to go 60 or 65.

MOVE BITCH!! hahaha

I work in the OC. The answer: lots of asians :pepper:

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
Haha I live in San Jose and on 680 toward fremont 85 is the norm and if your not doing it please get to the right

Users who are viewing this thread