you guys dont own your cars...

Evil_SVT

Established Member
We do own the cars, but we don't own the (ford) logo, Yes it sounds retarded but that the way it is. They are trying to make profit out of these with out copyright permission. If they would have covered the logos they would had no problems. It sucks but thats what it is.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
For the most part I disagree with it but I am really curious to hear Ford's reasoning for it.

CobraSoze

SPTZ VNM
Established Member
We do own the cars, but we don't own the (ford) logo, Yes it sounds retarded but that the way it is. They are trying to make profit out of these with out copyright permission. If they would have covered the logos they would had no problems. It sucks but thats what it is.

That's why I removed all my Ford logos:lol:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
its the sam thing for putting cars in movies dude. you have to get permission to have the logo still on the car. havent you ever seen a low budget movie with the emblem or markings blocked out because tey werent granted permission?

BLK_VNM

Established Member
so does this mean all the major magazines have a royalty payment plan set up with ford when they print articles like MM&FF and the others to have rights to the fordlogo in the magzine?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
bullshit either way....I thought they were over stepping their bounds when they forced all those vendors to switch names. I don't see any other car company doing this.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
It's rather stupid to get rid of ALL THAT FREE ADVERTISMENT!! It's pathetic to make all these loyal Ford fans especially the Mustang fans go through all this childish bullshit over what..a calender? Some website that sells only Mustang stuff such Mustang Tuning change their name? Thats just bad business in every aspect. I'm REALLY pissed at ford..Im trading my Terminator in on a Z06!!! ..ok.Im not THAT pissed!!:dw:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
bullshit either way....I thought they were over stepping their bounds when they forced all those vendors to switch names. I don't see any other car company doing this.

I was looking at the recent MMFF and found it interesting that vendors that use the name Mustangs, as in plural in their name have not been affected.

snakecharmer

Established Member
At a time when Ford is on the ropes, pissing off their most loyal fan base over a calendar is a completely bone-headed move. Certainly Ford does have the right and the obligation to protect their trademarks, but extending that down to a simple picture of YOUR car that YOU PAID for is unreasonable. By the logic they have applied to the BMC's calendar, you can't take a picture of your car to a commerical printer and have a nice poster of it made without getting almighty Ford Motor Company's permission to do it. If Cafepress or any other vendor has to go through the aggrevation and expense of getting almighty Ford's permission to do something as mundane as a simple calender for a small organization, then guess who's really paying for that....YOU are. The logic of why I would now have to directly or indirectly pay FMC a fee for having a picture of MY car that I have already PAID for blows my mind. I'm sitting here as I type this looking at the titles to both of mine. The owner's name on them is Eric Neal Greene, not Ford Motor Company.

I have been a customer of FMC for over 20 years and have always had at least one Ford product in my driveway. If the customer focus at Ford has degraded to the point that they feel it necessary to go after enthusiasts groups who's only crime is wanting to show their pride in their rides, perhaps it is time to reconsider my loyalty to them.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Perfectly put^^^ I just sent off my complaint to Ford. I know that if 10,000 emails got sent to them it would get their attention. Not sure if anything would come from it but it would get their attention to say t he least. -Shane

snakecharmer

Established Member
Perfectly put^^^ I just sent off my complaint to Ford. I know that if 10,000 emails got sent to them it would get their attention. Not sure if anything would come from it but it would get their attention to say t he least. -Shane

The more they hear about this the better IMO. They've stired a hornet's nest, let them get stung a few times. The only thing I would caution is that we keep the e-mails/faxes/whatever concise and professional. Name calling and whatnot will get us nowhere.

P.S.

I'm REALLY pissed at ford..Im trading my Terminator in on a Z06!!!

Come on over the darkside. It rocks. :-D And GM actually APPRECIATES your business. I've been called directly by the Bowling Green plant twice to make sure I was completely happy with the car. When was the last time any of us got a personal phone call from Ford? I bet we are all still waiting.........

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
Big magazines most likely have a deal with ford, as long as they dont bad mouth a product they can prob. print any picture, that ways its free advertisement for Ford, they would be stupid to stop it

BLK_VNM

Established Member
isnt a calendar free advertisement and doesnt even have words majority of the time so i dont see how it would bad mouth the ford name. personally i think theres something more to the story then is being given.

snakecharmer

Established Member
isnt a calendar free advertisement and doesnt even have words majority of the time so i dont see how it would bad mouth the ford name. personally i think theres something more to the story then is being given.

Yes it is. But that is beside the point as far as Ford is concerned. They want a cut of the action. It is corporate greed at its finest. In fact some of the responses that people have gotten back from Ford when they have complained about the BMC calendar have been as arrogant as to tell them about specials on new cars or where they can buy approved apparel...from them of course! "Screw you, you can't have your calender, but come buy stuff from us!"

Wonder how they are gonna feel if some of their most loyal fans tell them to take a giant dose of go **** yourself and spend their dollars elsewhere?

Users who are viewing this thread