You guys gotta help me, cant figure this prob out!

NeverEndn

Established Member
Ok well i dont know if you guys remember my previous posts. They were about this jerking feeling that i was getting from my truck. Well i took it to the dealer about a month ago for what i thought was the tranny , and now its in there cause im getting the motor looked at. Well they called me back and said nothing is wrong they looked at every vacuum line, sensor, coil pack etc. Also i brought it in cause my tranny was leaking. I then find out its my seal on the tranny where the driveshaft goes in to the tranny, i forget what its called.

Here's my main questions, my truck is lowered, i have a Eibach 1.5/3" drop and supposedly from lowering my truck the dealer said i crushed this seal and created a gap and now the seal is not seating. They also said now that i have this big gap it is possible that the jerking is being caused from my driveshaft moving. I would like to have argued with them but they have pictures of how big this gap is.

Now my questions also is , if this is the case could this be causing the jerking and could this actually make my rpms change while off the gas, like as if i was coming to a stop rolling. What do you lowered Lightning guys do. Is it the kit that i bought it was just coils in the front and shackles in the back i believe. All in all have you guys ever herd of this problem if so could this make my trucks rpms act funny sometimes while deaccelerating, possibly from the driveshaft moving back and forth. Thanks guys your help is greatly appreciated, i going crazy here.

smilinjack

Established Member
I don't claim to know it all about these L's but that sounds like total BS. It sounds more to me like abuse to the trans or maybe a broken motor mount or something radical to cause that damage IMO! As far as the RPM issue goes, these trannys are computer shifted. Maybe the computer is picking up a signal from the trans and adjusting the motor speed to compensate. The one place I WOULD NOT take it for sure is the dealer unless you know someone there or it is warrantied to cover that issue. Have you tried the NLOC site? F150 online? A credible L tuner? Good Luck.

smilinjack

Established Member
By the way, if it is under warranty they can't void the warranty for anything you do to the truck that does not directly affect the problem area. I've never heard of a similar problem from anybody that has lowered, including myself.

SRT-10 KILLER

HOT SVT CLUB
Established Member
even if the truck is lowered the damn yoke doesn't move, just the pinion angle of the rearend thats why they make shims. all of my trucks that i have ever owned have never had this problem. Also if the drive shaft was out of angle you would most of the time feel a vibration at about 50 to 60 mph. So my advice is to tell the dealership that there full of sh*t!

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
SRT-10 KILLER said:
even if the truck is lowered the damn yoke doesn't move, just the pinion angle of the rearend thats why they make shims. all of my trucks that i have ever owned have never had this problem. Also if the drive shaft was out of angle you would most of the time feel a vibration at about 50 to 60 mph. So my advice is to tell the dealership that there full of sh*t!
+1 those guys sound full of S*** to me. All you're changing is the angle of the pinion which would have nothing at all to do with where the Drive shaft goes into the tranny. Sounds like yet another case of a dealership doing anything in there power to not honor their warranty.

fordtech5

well i think we dont have all the info, shift kit insalled? driveshaft ? look at the pinion yoke and see if indeed the yoke is jammed all the way into the tailstock.i have seen this alot after changing lowering kits,not only on truckes but trucks seem to be tyhe worst cause., as for as the shifting clunking sound s like a trans shift concern.

Users who are viewing this thread