You guys really motivate.

fatal1

Established Member
I've been reading this forum and autopia fo rthe last couple of nights at work, and it really got me going. Tomorrow I'm going to break out the old plastic, and buy a few things.

Sonus pad kit? Which one?
Poorboys SSR 1 & 2.5
Clearcoat Red Moose Machine Glaze
Moose Wax

Or should I go with the VM? I know there's a few out there that can chime in. Thanks

Juiced-03

Established Member
What color is your Cobra? I would not get the Moose Wax. It really serves no purpose IMO. I think if you tell me your paint color I can help give you a better recommendation.

If you are using SSR1 and 2.5 then you could get away with using either VM or Red Machine Glaze. Then top with your choice of carnauba. Carnauba Moose Wax would be great. Just remember that Moose Wax and Carnauba Moose Wax are two TOTALLY different things. Also, if you have a lighter colored car, you may like the look of a sealant better. You have listed some great prep products, but you don't have any last step product like a sealant and/or carnauba.

Scott P

Established Member
Black, red and silver, eh? Carnauba Moose Wax would be great for the red and black. For silver though, a sealant would work better. Poorboy's EX-P would be great. I would suggest the Killer Combo and see how your like it on silver. On your next order, you can then add EX-P and some Quik Shine.

jpk

Established Member
fatal1 said:
I've been reading this forum and autopia fo rthe last couple of nights at work, and it really got me going. Tomorrow I'm going to break out the old plastic, and buy a few things.

Sonus pad kit? Which one?
Poorboys SSR 1 & 2.5
Clearcoat Red Moose Machine Glaze
Moose Wax

Or should I go with the VM? I know there's a few out there that can chime in. Thanks

Yeah, no kidding. This forum did the same thing to me. Good thing you posted your idea first and got some feedback to stay away from the Moose Wax. I made the same mistake and ordered Moose Wax instead of Carnuba Moose Wax.

I decided to keep the Moose Wax and use it as a one-step product on my Explorer Sport Trac. I clay bar'ed the entire truck, then I did one side with Moose Wax and the other side with Mother's Carnuba Cleaner Wax. The Mothers carnuba cleaner wax outshines the Moose Wax. It also gives the red more saturation (some would say darker) and way more slickness.

I expect that the Carnuba Moose Wax will offer better results, because it seems that Carnuba really offers better slickness and enhances color. I can't wait to use the Vanilla Moose and Carnuba Moose on my Mustang.

Juiced-03

Established Member
Scott P said:
Black, red and silver, eh? Carnauba Moose Wax would be great for the red and black. For silver though, a sealant would work better. Poorboy's EX-P would be great. I would suggest the Killer Combo and see how your like it on silver. On your next order, you can then add EX-P and some Quik Shine.

Could not have said it better. CMW is awesome on dark cars. EX-P is my go to sealant on lighter colored cars. I have also found Wolfgang to be a good sealant on dark colors as well. For green and black I really like the look of EX as well. But EX-P gives a really nice clear look to lighter cars.

fatal1

Established Member
Alright, on the silver-VMW and the EX-P
Red and the Black go with VMW or the Red Moose Machine Glaze then the CMW for the LSP?

Users who are viewing this thread