You guys using Truck Traks....question

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
To you folks running Truck tarks i have a question considering snubbers on the bars. I got mine used but in excellent shape. He sen me a set of cut snubbers and the normal uncut cone shapped ones. My L is an 01 with stock suspension. Which snubber do you think i should run and in what mounting hole on the bar. I dont plan on using slicks.......maybe a set of dragr adials..but till i get those in the summer my spring passes will be on stock f1's. I was just wonering what you guys thought. Thanks, Vince:beer:

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by FineLineMtrSprt
To you folks running Truck tarks i have a question considering snubbers on the bars. I got mine used but in excellent shape. He sen me a set of cut snubbers and the normal uncut cone shapped ones. My L is an 01 with stock suspension. Which snubber do you think i should run and in what mounting hole on the bar. I dont plan on using slicks.......maybe a set of dragr adials..but till i get those in the summer my spring passes will be on stock f1's. I was just wonering what you guys thought. Thanks, Vince:beer:

I'm running Truck Tracs on my '03 L . Put the snubber in the front hole and slide the passenger side as far up as you can without hitting the exhaust. Once that distance is found, set the driver side the same distance forward. 1 1/4" - 1 1/2" between snubber and leaf spring. Torque all bolts to 40 ft/lb.

If you find that the truck is not going straight under hard acceleration, you can run less clearance on one side than the other. If it goes right, then you need to reduce the clearance on the left. If it goes left, then clearance is reduced on the right.

If you need new snubbers contact Jay Lincoln the guy who manufactures the Truck Tracs and he will sell you a new set.

Last edited:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Thanks guys i just wasnt sure wihch snubbers were the stock ones..there are cut ones on there now bu ti have the cone shaped ones and hardware as well. The cone shaped ones are just like the ones in the pic on the website..so i guess those are the stock ones to start with. Thanls for the help BillArf

BillArf

Established Member
Originally posted by FineLineMtrSprt
Thanks guys i just wasnt sure wihch snubbers were the stock ones..there are cut ones on there now bu ti have the cone shaped ones and hardware as well. The cone shaped ones are just like the ones in the pic on the website..so i guess those are the stock ones to start with. Thanls for the help BillArf

Stock are the cone shape snubbers. Many of us have cut the tips off our snubbers to get the proper distance between snubber and leaf spring.

Users who are viewing this thread