You MD guys know about this yet?

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Actually, I've got the farm tags on my red Grand Am (DD) and had the personalized black and white tags on my Mystichrome. When I had my CompO v-6 I had the University of Florida MD tags cause the orange and blue school colors matched perfectly (yes, I'm a Gator girl).

I definitely think that the plates make or break the looks of a car.

Yeah, I'm also a license plate fanatic. My mom says that I've been into them since I could read, and I have never had a non-personlized plate. Ever.

I've actually considered painting over the letters of my ITLBITE tag with dark blue to match the Shelby stripes. Unfortunately I don't think that Johnny Law would have a sense of humor about that!

It's a sickness...I know. :nonono:

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I've always liked the Delaware plates. White on black. The end

Ahh, but that's the "old skool" Delaware plate. The modern one is gold on blue and doesn't even have raised letters. Nah...

One time I asked my buddy who lives in Delaware "How do you get one of those (old) plates?"

His answer was "BUCK$"!

More:
Just read about them on Greg's "15Q" site. Delaware will re-issue low-numbered plates in the white-on-black style, a reproduction of their 1942 porcelain issue. Pretty cool!

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

hmm, I don't really have an issue with the plate. may seem to basic in design for some, I think it looks fine and has more of an old school kind of look.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
You know, I think it's the colors I can't take the most. Not that that design would look better in MD colors, but I've always been a sucker for black & gold, ever since Lotus was using them back in the late 60's on their F1 cars. Then you throw in the red from the Calvert Arms, and it just looks right.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I could care less about the plate style. As long as they don't get rid of my good ol' black and white standard plate, let 'em come up with any plate they want.

I actually just saw my first one today. It did not look that bad. I'll stick with my black and white though.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I could care less about the plate style. As long as they don't get rid of my good ol' black and white standard plate, let 'em come up with any plate they want.

I actually just saw my first one today. It did not look that bad. I'll stick with my black and white though.

Saw my first one today as well. It was not near as bad as I thought it would be in person. It seemed less pronounced.

JSPajak

Established Member

I'm not a farmer, just looking for a cheaper way to tag my vehicles.
Here is a quote from the MVA site:

"How do I register my vehicle as a farm area or island vehicle?

Any type of vehicle may be registered as either a farm area or island vehicle (class K).

A farm area vehicle is a motor vehicle owned by a farmer and operated only on a farm or on a highway within a 10 mile radius of the farm. A farmer is an individual who:

* Raises, grows and produces farm products on a farm of at least 3 acres or more; or
* Keeps at least 25 hives of bees for the pollination of orchards and farm crops and commercial production of honey."

Looks like I don't qualify?

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I think seeing them from a distance helps. You don't see how childish the design looks.
Also, I saw one with a wide tag frame that hid most everything except the numbers. That wasn't bad at all. :D

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
I'm not a farmer, just looking for a cheaper way to tag my vehicles.
Here is a quote from the MVA site:

"How do I register my vehicle as a farm area or island vehicle?

Any type of vehicle may be registered as either a farm area or island vehicle (class K).

A farm area vehicle is a motor vehicle owned by a farmer and operated only on a farm or on a highway within a 10 mile radius of the farm. A farmer is an individual who:

* Raises, grows and produces farm products on a farm of at least 3 acres or more; or
* Keeps at least 25 hives of bees for the pollination of orchards and farm crops and commercial production of honey."

Looks like I don't qualify?

No, what you're talking about here is a special registration class available only to farmers. The farm scene background plate is available to anyone. Two different things...

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Is this what you're after? No license plate needed. :D

FarmVehicle.jpg

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
I have seen a bunch of them on the road recently. I will admit that when I saw the pic in this thread, I was half tempted to rob a gas station and get thrown in jail just fix the damn things :D. They really aren't as bad in person tho. I will still rock the black and white though.....

951MystiCobra

Cobraless and Lurking.
Established Member
It really does depend on the car... I saw a silver M3 that had them and it was atrocious. Black and white would have looked sooo much better.

Users who are viewing this thread