You thought your 93 Cobra pulled down some coin!

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
I used to see that car at a cruise strip all the time about 10 years ago. I never thought it was real though :shrug:

scootro

Established Member
boner said:
wow.... just when i thought ive seen every kind of mustang out there.
Here is a few others that you might not have ever seen.

15.gif

17.gif

80003.gif

AscLFront.gif

sa01.gif

ttopnotch6rj.gif

scootro

Established Member
the red one is a Little BOSS Mustang or know by the Shotgun Mustang Built By Ronnie Sox

This is a very special Mustang that was produced in 1990 one of only Six and the only one with the 302 engine with Boss heads and Doug Nash 5 speed transmission. This mustang was specially built by Ronnie Sox. The options included Full roll cage, 302 engine with Boss heads, Racing gauges and tach, Doug Nash 5 speed, Racing seats, Sony CD player, special ground effects, Wrap-around rear spoiler, Driving lights, Quad exhaust tips, Paint graphics and decals, Hurst quick ratio shifter, Adjustable Koni shocks and Struts, Koni control damper, Special high compression springs, upper strut tower brace, lower lateral support brace, rear shock tower brace, Sub-frame connectors, interior enhancement brace, rear wheel disc-brakes, Aluminum 5 spoke wheels, 3.55 locker gears.

This is a one of one with the Boss engine; all of the other 5 cars were 5.0 engines.

Last edited:

svt2205

Established Member
SAAC was pretty pissed off by Ford when the SVT Cobra hit the scene. The Cobra offered the same performance for half the money. For those who care, Shelby had less to do with the SAAC cars then he did with the GT500 of today.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
Awesome pix. Being a Fox freak since I was a kid, I remember every single one of those cars being featured in a magazine at one time or another. The SAAC's were cool though terribly over priced. I have the brake ducts from one on my 93 Cobra. I believe the SAAC's had the full GT40 package which made them similar to the Cobra and there are a view with factory superchargers I believe.

That T Top notch is sick!

svtdriven

Established Member
I'd like to get one of those t-top notchbacks. I've only ever seen 3 in pictures before, I bet they are pretty hard to find.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
ive seen the mclarens, but your right on the rest.... i havent seen em. t tops notch would be cool to have, as long as it didnt rattle and leak its ass off.

stangbear427

Established Member
Not sure that's possible. Ford designed their T-tops specifically TO LEAK. Look at the design of the gaskets on the F-bods, and it makes you wonder how many people at Ford were sucking hard on the bong when their design went through.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
stangbear427 said:
Not sure that's possible. Ford designed their T-tops specifically TO LEAK. Look at the design of the gaskets on the F-bods, and it makes you wonder how many people at Ford were sucking hard on the bong when their design went through.

:lol:

I have had 2 t-top stangs. My 83 GT didn't leak very much at all. My 88 Gt t-top leaked a good bit on the driver's side

stangbear427

Established Member
My '84 GT wasn't as bad (read: it DID still leak) after I had all the gaskets redone. However, the design is fundamentally flawed- they are molded specifically TO channel water right INTO the seam. It's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. And yet, if I could find another T-top '84 GT in good shape, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. God I miss that car...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread