Youkilis got owned

ff500

Established Member
He throws his helmet all the time, on the bench, on the on deck circle, down the first base line, in the locker room, probably at his wife at home too.

ModMike1572

Established Member
Youk looks like he is about 80lbs heavier than the young Tigers pitcher, but he got tossed like a rag doll.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOiUV3xNlOI"]YouTube - Red Sox vs Tigers Fight 8/11/09[/ame]

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Looked like the pitcher used the batter's own weight and momentum to flip him over....Just like with...What's that? JUDO!!!! LOL Damn, I need to go to bed....

ModMike1572

Established Member
Youkilis would NEVER think about charging someone his own size like Joba:

joba1.png

colin450

Established Member
I really doubt Youklis has any fear of Sloba. I might be missing the part where Youklis gets owned but, the pitcher did hold his ground pretty good for a 20 year old kid.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Youkilis would NEVER think about charging someone his own size like Joba:

Porcello is 6'5", how big do you thing Youkilis is?

You know, after watching it again and seeing his reaction I'm pretty sure it was just a pitch that got away from him.

Last edited:

ModMike1572

Established Member
Chamberland is the only douche that will fist pump and scream when he gets out of the 4th inning.

Actually Beckett did a huge fist pump in the 5th inning on Friday and had some choice words too. Only cool when the red sox do it though right? :poke:

Porcello is 6'5", how big do you thing Youkilis is?

You know, after watching it again and seeing his reaction I'm pretty sure it was just a pitch that got away from him.

I dont know, but whats the difference in weight?

I was just kiddin around anyway, pokin fun at him. :p

Theres no way that 20 year old kid was throwing at Youk intentionally. I couldnt imagine someone doing that, then acting confused, then running off the mound. I dunno though

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
Actually Beckett did a huge fist pump in the 5th inning on Friday and had some choice words too. Only cool when the red sox do it though right? :poke:

I dont know, but whats the difference in weight?

I was just kiddin around anyway, pokin fun at him. :p

Theres no way that 20 year old kid was throwing at Youk intentionally. I couldnt imagine someone doing that, then acting confused, then running off the mound. I dunno though

This had been going on for 2 games and I can see Youk thinking he was throwing at him but I think it was just a bad coincidence.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
I said 4th inning not 5th.:poke:

;-)

I've never heard the baseball tonight crew talk about Beckett's antics. They were saying that Joba's celebrations after each strike out/inning are uncalled for. Then again, he's the one out there. If he had to bat I'm guessing he wouldn't celebrate near as often.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Gotta love the Youk haters in here! The pitcher clearly used Youk's momentum to take him down. Not a very difficult thing to do. Kudos to Porcello for standing up for himself.

Robert Francis

Established Member
Porcello stated afterwards he was not throwing at Youklis. With a 3-0 lead at the time, why throw at him? And he was surprised when Youk charged at him.

Tigers only have 3 effective starters this year and Porcello is one of them. If he gets into a fight and breaks a finger or hand, the Tigers are probably finished for the year so he did the right thing for the team in just trying to get out of the way. And it appeared that when Youk finally grabbed him, it was mostly Porcello trying to get out of the way that resulted in Youk getting thrown down.

ModMike1572

Established Member
I said 4th inning not 5th.:poke:

;-)

I've never heard the baseball tonight crew talk about Beckett's antics. They were saying that Joba's celebrations after each strike out/inning are uncalled for. Then again, he's the one out there. If he had to bat I'm guessing he wouldn't celebrate near as often.

ESPN has a campaign to promote the red sox. They are anti-yankee. They wont show Beckett's antics. They'll show anything Joba does though. Its really a joke how biased that network is. Joba is the same type of pitcher as Bekcett in many ways.

dude got thrown out like last nights garbage

:lol:

On the MLB Network they were sayin Edwin Jackson was definately throwing at Youk intentionally the night before. Youk didnt want any part of that. Instead he chose to go after the 20 year old, but the kid tossed him out like yesterdays trash. :-D

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
:lol:

On the MLB Network they were sayin Edwin Jackson was definately throwing at Youk intentionally the night before. Youk didnt want any part of that. Instead he chose to go after the 20 year old, but the kid tossed him out like yesterdays trash. :-D

Why, is Edwin Jackson some kind of MMA champion? Come on, you know that's not the way it is. What happened last night was built over 2 games.

Users who are viewing this thread