Young potential buyer here:What to do??

chuckstang

Established Member
I just graduated college, and will be working now full time and well I recieved quite a bit of money for graduation. With that said, I was just wandering what you all think is the best way to go about obtaining one of these gt500's? Is there actually a waiting list? Is it necessary? Will there be a huge markup when it first comes out? Should I or anyone just wait until all the initial hype fades, and then look to buy?
I have never bought a new car before, but I think this one may have to be my first, but I just don't want to get screwed over or make any life long mistakes here lol cause this is alot of money! any advice would be greatly appreciated, Oh I currently have a 99 cobra :rockon:
Thanks guys/gals

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
If I were you I would wait until the end of the 07 model year and look for the ford rebates on this car. At least wait until the hype goes down because you can buy any car under MSRP if you just have a little patience. Plus the more money you save buying the car the more money you can use making the fat ass lighter. That's my plan anyway. :banana:

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
SaleenCobra said:
If I were you I would wait until the end of the 07 model year and look for the ford rebates on this car. At least wait until the hype goes down because you can buy any car under MSRP if you just have a little patience. Plus the more money you save buying the car the more money you can use making the fat ass lighter. That's my plan anyway. :banana:

Very good advice and by waiting till the end of the model year you can watch these forums for any problems with the car and what the best mods are. I am looking forward the the first "modded GT500 kills stock 07 Z06".

chuckstang

Established Member
Hmmm, ya I kinda figured that is what I should do, WAIT. Anything in particular I should look out for when buying a new car in general? I am tempted to just go look for a low mile 04, but I just think that would be missing the whole new car experience :) thx

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
OK, here´s the new car purchase game. There´s four parts to the negotiation, and don`t be intimidated, this is the fun part:

1) Price.
2) Amount of payments (36, 48, 60 months). This is where you have to be careful. There´s a big difference between making payments on a $40,000 car for 60 months or 36 months.
3) Interest rate. Yes, you can negotiate the interest rate but usually the fewer monthly payments you have, the lower the rate will be.
4) Trading in your car. They love trade-ins because people have no idea how much their cars are worth. Go to KBB.com (Kelly Blue Book) and NADA.com and print out the information about your car and the trade-in value, not private party sale.

Have fun negotiating, the more you do it, the better you will become at it. Don´t just sign the first thing the dealer puts in front of you. Talk to a few dealers and study them. You´ll find out that they all use the same sales techniques and before you know it, the game becomes fun because you can play it just as well as the poorly trained sales person.

mustangsnoopy

Established Member
"Anything in particular I should look out for when buying a new car in general? "

one thing that hasnt been mentioned yet. when you buy that new gt500(or any other new vehicle), just as you drive it off the lot you will hear a very disticnt sucking sound, like a vacuum cleaner. that will be the sound of the money being sucked right out of that new car due to depreciation, its a used car soon as you pull out of the lot.

Wicked03GT

Wannabe SVT *****
Established Member
well, im about to find myself a 03-04 Cobra to puschase and then i will await the GT500 which i have a great belief that this thing will be one awesome ride. so i figure if i keep the Cobra for a few years (2) and the GT500 is nice enough for me to go in debt for then i will purchase one in 2007 sometime and aviod the intial hype and overpriceing. after about 6-8 months on the market they price will come down, everytime a new SVT vehicle comes out they will not budge on the price cause evryone wants to own one of the fuggers. just wait a few months and the price will lower.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
mustangsnoopy said:
"Anything in particular I should look out for when buying a new car in general? "

one thing that hasnt been mentioned yet. when you buy that new gt500(or any other new vehicle), just as you drive it off the lot you will hear a very disticnt sucking sound, like a vacuum cleaner. that will be the sound of the money being sucked right out of that new car due to depreciation, its a used car soon as you pull out of the lot.

Is there something we can do for you here TROLL???

One thing to check on is the tranny. I would sit in 2 or three different ones to make sure one doesn't shif smoother than the other. The T56 tranny is great, but some of them don't shift smooth so check the other GT-500's when you are at the dealership.

mustangsnoopy

Established Member
troll? shut up you moron. did i say something that wasnt true? no.

"One thing to check on is the tranny. I would sit in 2 or three different ones to make sure one doesn't shif smoother than the other. "

what are you, 12 years old? you'll look real cool sitting in the showroom floor rowing thru the gears. ever heard of a test drive?

oh i see your from dallas, well that explains alot.

i want a new gt500 myself, so no trolling here.

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
yup the gt500 right now truly looks like it will be worth the wait, even though the 03/04 is soo awsome. most people have told me to just finde a low mile 03/04 but at this point I think Id really like my next stang to be a new one, finally.
Oh and doesn't it just suck that once you own a cobra, you become spoiled and just can't be caught dead in a regular gt mustang lol

Users who are viewing this thread