Your advice, AR Headers, OR/X and Borla..

rcrx66

Established Member
equals way loud for me.

I installed a Whipple late last year along with AR headers, AR off-road x-pipe and had Borlas on the car, which have made the exhaust combo sound really loud, for my taste.

I don't want to compromise any power by doing a catted x, so I'm looking for recommendations for a cat-back to quiet things down. I appreciate any input, thanks.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm going to go with a regular magnaflow catback with my setup.. Kook's LT's and o/r x-pipe basically the same as your setup..If you don't want a catted X then this is probably going to be your best option. :)

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I'm going to go with a regular magnaflow catback with my setup.. Kook's LT's and o/r x-pipe basically the same as your setup..If you don't want a catted X then this is probably going to be your best option. :)

+1. Long tubes with O/R X and Magnaflow cat-back sound BAD ASS! I'm personally a die hard chambered muffler guy, but if I ever got rid of my Flowmaster O/R H set up it'd be for an O/R X and Magnaflow cat-back.

Teej281

Established Member
The catted x will not harm performance that much. You wont even notice it other than the sound decrease honestly. But I'll trade you my M58 FR500 catback for the stingers! :D

Last edited:

rcrx66

Established Member
Guys, thanks for your recommendations. Looks like I'll be looking into the Magnaflow, or at least change the Stinger mufflers out.

Users who are viewing this thread