Your MM stalling during idle?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Just a heads up for you Marauder owners.....

my Marauder was stalling left and right once the engine got to operating temperature. It would only stall while the car was in drive and standing still, or moving at around 5 MPH. Otherwise it was running great. A number of Marauder owners on the MM board told me that it was the Idle Air Control valve ("IAC") and some of them stated that they've had that same problem and had to replace the "IAC" valve, and it solved the problem. So I took their advice, and bought one.

It cost me $67 and it cured the problem. Hopefully you MM oners who haven't run into this yet, and do so in the future, will remember this, and it will be of some help to you. :rolling:

Last edited:

DJP

Established Member
BillyGman said:
Just a heads up for you Marauder owners.....

my Marauder was stalling left and right once the engine got to operating temperature. It would only stall while the car was in drive and standing still, or moving at around 5 MPH. Otherwise it was running great. A number of Marauder owners on the MM board told me that it was the Idle Air Control valve ("IAC") and some of them stated that they've had that same problem and had to replace the "IAC" valve, and it solved the problem. So I took their advice, and bought one.

It cost me $67 and it cured the problem. Hopefully you MM oners who haven't run into this yet, and do so in the future, will remember this, and it will be of some help to you. :rolling:

Thanks for the tip. I will remember this in the future if the problem arises. :thumbsup:

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
Where is the IAC valve located? You wouldn't happen to have a pic, would you? Haven't had this problem myself, yet, but I'd like to file this away for future reference. Thanks for the heads up.

tmac1337

No More Mr. Nice Guy
Established Member
Fourth Horseman, is it you Navchap picked up in Vegas? I was out there at the time and saw him on the local news..... :eek:

How is his transmission doing?

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
ooops, double post....see the next post below....

Last edited:

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Fourth Horseman said:
Where is the IAC valve located? You wouldn't happen to have a pic, would you? Haven't had this problem myself, yet, but I'd like to file this away for future reference. Thanks for the heads up.
Sorry, but all my previous attempts to post pics on this board have proved to be unsuccessful,so I don't even bother anymore. Although I haven't had any problems posting pics on the Marauder board. You can go to the thread that I started about this same topic on the Marauder board titled "A Recent problem" and in that thread you'll see that Defyant has posted a pic of the IAC valve.

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
tmac1337 said:
Fourth Horseman, is it you Navchap picked up in Vegas? I was out there at the time and saw him on the local news..... :eek:

How is his transmission doing?

Yessir, that was me. NavChap is a good guy and let me tag along with him since I couldn't afford to bring my Marauder this year.

I don't have full details on what work he had done on his car, but I know that he got everything resolved and it ran great all the way home. It ran great on the way to Detroit, to be honest. But he wasn't satisfied with some noise it was making and so he had it looked at.

Last edited:

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
BillyGman said:
Sorry, but all my previous attempts to post pics on this board have proved to be unsuccessful,so I don't even bother anymore. Although I haven't had any problems posting pics on the Marauder board. You can go to the thread that I started about this same topic on the Marauder board titled "A Recent problem" and in that thread you'll see that Defyant has posted a pic of the IAC valve.

Ah, I know the thread you're speaking of but I hadn't looked at it yet. I'll go check it out. Thanks!

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
BTW, in addition to the Idle Air Control valve replacement, yesterday, I also bought some throttle body cleaner, soaked a rag with it, and thoroughly cleaned off the throttle body and throttle plates, and I also gave the idle screw a half turn to bump up the idle from the 600 RPM's that it was formerly at to 750 RPM's (which is where it is now when fully warmed up, and in gear) and the thing is even idling better. It's perfect now.

Fourth Horseman

Established Member
BillyGman said:
BTW, in addition to the Idle Air Control valve replacement, yesterday, I also bought some throttle body cleaner, soaked a rag with it, and thoroughly cleaned off the throttle body and throttle plates, and I also gave the idle screw a half turn to bump up the idle from the 600 RPM's that it was formerly at to 750 RPM's (which is where it is now when fully warmed up, and in gear) and the thing is even idling better. It's perfect now.

I did the same to mine, as my throttle was getting just a touch sticky. After cleaning all is back to normal. I now plan to make this part of my spring clean-up every year. Easier to stay ahead of it than let it get all gummed up and sticky.

Users who are viewing this thread