Your Opinion on themostat.

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
the results are the same 30 degree lower temps.
Don't be so quick to draw that conclusion. Yes, you guys have had decent cruise ECTs using thermostats that leave the bypass open for a couple reasons:
1. The fan is being run a lot or constantly to achieve that ECT.
2. The thermostat housing favors high flow to the radiator and hinders bypass flow once the t-stat opens. This helps maintain decent temps while cruising but when you really bring the heat on you need to be able to completely shut down the bypass to maximize cooling capacity.

Someone recently reported to me that an improper low-temp thermostat works ok on the street but actually performs worse on the track than the OEM t-stat which is exactly what I would expect from an open bypass.

I promise you that this new 170 t-stat will outperform any 160 SOHC stat with better cold weather ECTs/warm-up but most importantly when under a lot of WOT.

Red10thcv

Established Member
It Really Helps!

Got the Reische Performance themostat in and it really helps.:rockon:
Yesterday with temp at 102 degrees outside, the car read 182 in surbs. 45 mph zone stop-n-go tariffic.:burnout:
:bowdown:This just has to help out the motor. Thanks Resiche!!

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Your welcome... so far results with the new t-stat have been pretty consistent! And thank you for posting your results, it really helps with getting the word out.

Q8_Shelby

Ford Mens Factory
Established Member
+1

Only 2 problems with it and other lower then stock T-Stats.

1. No/or very little heat in winter.
2. More engine wear and possible sludge build up.

Man Im in kuwait 10 month in the year its summer the temp is 54c

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
^^ lol, i can vouch for that one, hot and humid..lol.. glad i have not gone back through yet!

what is the cost of this stat? i actually was having a conversation with my mechanic about doing a t stat today, until this thread i did not even know it was not previously an option.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
why is it so much?
Anything modified or built by hand is going to be relatively expensive. You can buy most thermostats in the $6-$30 range only because they are a part manufactured by machines in the thousands on an assembly line. The mfg doesn't make much per unit but makes up for it in volume.

We will sell so few that we have to charge more to even stay in business... and continue to make unique parts available to you. This thermostat is the ONLY low temp unit on the market that properly fits the GT500 t-stat housing right now.

Kind of surprised to see people (who own $50K cars) complain about a $50 mod... what mod can you get for less... a cup holder :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread