your retired 95R IMSA/SCCA-wanna race?

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone want to race this fall at Sebring? I'll split expenses with you.

Click here for the weekend schedule. It includes a dash race, and plenty of track time. The night race would be fun. I am not sure if a '95 car would qualify for the muscle car race. HSR Sebring schedule

Click here for the details on the 4 hour enduro "index of performance" race. Everyone has an equal chance of winning.
HSR index of performance race

In order to race in vintage you must declare your car "retired" from professional racing.

If anyone is interested, please post, email, or PM. Thanks.

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
man, that looks like fun....but what does that mean, retired from competition? its retired from imsa/grand am racing, was used in scca club racing after that, but might some day return to competition....hmmm.....

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by NJ2000R
....but what does that mean, retired from competition? its retired from imsa/grand am racing, was used in scca club racing after that, but might some day return to competition....hmmm.....

Ken,
That's a good question. My guess: You aren't supposed to go back and run the car in a professional series. The rule was added to keep a TA car from winning the vintage Rolex enduro championship (you get a Rolex watch) and then running in SCCA TA the next weekend (for the small prize money). If you did this, they could ask you not to return to vintage (but I've never seen them refuse an entry fee unless you get suspended for aggressive driving [no contact rule]).

IMO, the cars can't run in IMSA/GAC anymore (too old). SCCA club is not pro.

The 4 hour enduro is fun. It allows you to relax and get in a groove. I've seen people break their lap records since they don't try to over-drive the car. It requires you to make (at least) 4 pit stops of 5 minutes (giving everyone a fair chance since no one can hire a F1 pit crew). It requires you to save your brakes and tires.

The night race is also fun. It is very dark in Sebring at night. It seems like a different course.

:beer: Doc J
edit: spelling

Last edited:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
So does this mean my AI 93 Cobra R wouldn't be eligible to run? The class is considered "Pro" racing.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by 93SVTCobra
So does this mean my AI 93 Cobra R wouldn't be eligible to run? The class is considered "Pro" racing.

Mark,
The rules state it must be retired from professional racing.

HSR rules and policy

I didn't know what they defined as "Pro" so I called them. (404-298-5616) They do not consider NASA to be "Pro" racing. They define "Pro" as IMSA/GA/GAC/NASCAR/IRL/ChampCar/SCCA National.

Bring it down! Eight hours on track X 90mph laps= 720 miles in one weekend!

NJ2000R

Certified FORD Fanatic!
Established Member
hell yeah, that sounds like alot of fun!!!! :rockon:

I'd have to hook up some fog lights on the 95R like they did in the good old days at the 24 hours of daytona :lol:

getfile.php

r82of250

Established Member
Hey, even if your just spectating this will be a great event! They run some awesome cars, Sebring is quirky and historical, Doc's buddies are a class act, and the beer's cold too! A truly unbeatable combination for a fun weekend. I WILL see you there!

Dean S

r82of250

Established Member
Hey, even if your just spectating this will be a great event! They run some awesome cars, Sebring is quirky and historical, Doc's buddies are a class act, and the beer's cold too! A truly unbeatable combination for a fun weekend. I WILL see you there! Unless we get blown away by the hurricane this weekend.

Dean S

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Hey Gene,
The optional test day is Nov. 18th. The qualifying is Friday the 19th. The dash final and points enduro races are Sat., and the Index 4 hour enduro (non-points) is on Sunday the 21th. Monday will be a recovery day (for old guys like me) after all the track time:beer:
Doc

Users who are viewing this thread