Your thoughts modding the GT500 ??

putawaywet

Established Member
Looks like about half of us plan to start tweaking the car from the get go. That's going to make for some real interesting results when unsuspecting drivers pull up alongside and want to run from a roll.

Last edited:

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
In all likelihood there will be two in my family. My old man will probably buy one and do minor, if any mods. Which leaves plan b for me.

Plan B:
Find tuner and prepare him.
Buy car.
Get 700rwhp asap.

:dw: :burnout:

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
mustangsnoopy said:
"I'll wait 12 to 18 months first so I can save some money on the car. Then my first mods will be weight reduction. Hopefully I can knock off 150 to 200lbs"

what could be done to reduce that much weight? weight kills horsepower, too bad they cant have this baby weighing around 3500 from the factory

I'm not sure what can be done to reduce the weight. That's one of the reasons why i'm going to wait 12 to 18 months and see what comes out. Hopefully it's possible without having to do anything major.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
The exhaust will be the first to go. Ceramic headers, off road X pipe, Stingers or Mac Glass pacs depending how loud the 5.4 is. Wheels and tires will be mod #2. Lowering springs and window tinting will be asthetic but nice looking. It will take a years time to achieve those mods after that I'll focus in on the supercharger and engine.

spdfrkFL

Track Addict
Established Member
If I buy one, don't get me wrong I want one, but I'm going to wait for the second production run. New cars always seem to have some little problems. Plus, I will not pay over the sticker price. By then people will have worked the modding bugs out. Then the modding begins, first the shifter, CAI, then a x-pipe and cat-back, and finally rear end gears. Who am I kidding!!! Give me a pully and a tune!!!!!! Then I'll work on the suspension. I'm an addicted gearhead!!!!

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
Gearhead. See my signature. I modded my Terminator as soon as it was broken in, warranty runs out next month and I have had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread