Youth volleyball and youth wrestling

bumplime

Established Member
Just curious who all here has children in these two sports, ages and competitive levels.

My daughter started club (USA) volleyball in November of 2011 @ 10yrs old. Instant love and dedication. She played through first part of 2012 in club, then did a couple of summer camps and a fall league. Just finished tryouts for club ball again and starts in December. Tournaments through May.

My 5 year old son has been begging to play football but wasn't old enough in time. He showed some interest in wrestling and starts club level on Tuesday.
He comes from a family of past wrestlers but he's never seen or heard about it from us.
As a dad I'm as excited as both of them for their sports. I hope
my son learns and has fun. At his age the fun is most important. For my daughter, she is gaining the skills to play at a very competitive level which can take her through high school and into college if she wants. She's damn good IMO, which is obviously biased but she's worked hard and continues to shine.

Let's hear your stories

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
I played Football, Baseball and Basketball growing up. I loved all three. Not just the games but the friends I made and the mentors I had. I learned what it is like to lead, have people depend on you, work hard, and most importantly have fun.

I hope on day my kids will get to play sports.

If your son likes wrestling he will love the physical nature of football

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
let them like it...dont push them

I am the son of a state champ wrestler and I quit because my dad forced me to wrestle for years. granted I was good and only lost twice in 7 years but by my junior year in higj school I was sick of it. fishing took the priority for me. my dad was pissed at first but once he saw that I truly loved to fish he was cool with it. he still comes to tourny weigh ins after 16 years of tournament fishing. I still suck though cuz I am not getting paid to fish lol

Users who are viewing this thread