YouTube

Warp03Cobra

Community Racers
Established Member
did a search under "cobra R" and there were a few fun clips...

Best was this guy "bruce" in a 00R driving with a race prepped RX7 at Road America...

Great Video...

Evan

2000r #193
03 Cobra

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Warp03Cobra said:
did a search under "cobra R" and there were a few fun clips...

Best was this guy "bruce" in a 00R driving with a race prepped RX7 at Road America...

Great Video...

Evan

2000r #193
03 Cobra

I have no clue where the "Shelby" Cobra R came from?!? :shrug:

Them two guys are out of control! ;-) :poke: :p

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
TXPD said:
Any of you guys post video from in car cams on youtube? lots to learn and see there.

See, but don't learn anything from my offering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hEYWuxWHP0

I just got a chance to view your video. COOL!! It was neat to hear it "roaring", instead of "buzzing" like most of the other cars in the video.

I wonder how many of the other cars that were there with you, were purpose built race cars from their manufacturers when they were new? I would venture to say, maybe/probably, none.

What special/unique cars the Cobra R's are!!

R

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Robert,
My run group was all non-open wheel/sportracer cars that were also not spec miatas. It was everything else. If you watch it again, you will see three nascar stock cars out there(one of which i was chasing when he blew up).
There were also Miatas with rotary engines in them(fast) and bunches of RX7's that run in the ITA and IT7 classes. Cars that I am told should be faster than my street stock mustang.

It was a very wild experience and I think I will do the school again next year in part because of that unique mixture and because of the 300 miles of track time.

What was really wild was the little black stock looking fwd japanese import that took the corners on three wheels. I followed him for a couple laps at one point and ....

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
TXPD said:
Robert,
My run group was all non-open wheel/sportracer cars that were also not spec miatas. It was everything else. If you watch it again, you will see three nascar stock cars out there(one of which i was chasing when he blew up).
There were also Miatas with rotary engines in them(fast) and bunches of RX7's that run in the ITA and IT7 classes. Cars that I am told should be faster than my street stock mustang.

It was a very wild experience and I think I will do the school again next year in part because of that unique mixture and because of the 300 miles of track time.

What was really wild was the little black stock looking fwd japanese import that took the corners on three wheels. I followed him for a couple laps at one point and ....

I'll bet that was a fun time! "Back in the day", (I'm not even sure if they still have it) I went to Sebring for their first fall festival events in Oct./Nov., maybe 1987/1988/1989 time period I think. I noticed quite a few "3-wheel" corners by some of the smaller cars at that time.

Are the wheels on 05 the originals with brake dust, or the Gunmetal Gray Cobra R's offered by the reproduction wheel companies?

R

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
Originals with brake dust. Lots of brake dust. They kept me so busy that I had time to wipe them off at lunch and either end of the day or before the next day. Thats about it.

The intermediate pads on the car were getting close to the end by that session which was Sunday.

I still need another set of wheels for the racing tires.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
TXPD said:
Originals with brake dust. Lots of brake dust. They kept me so busy that I had time to wipe them off at lunch and either end of the day or before the next day. Thats about it.

The intermediate pads on the car were getting close to the end by that session which was Sunday.

Nice,
I love it.
When I was an engineer at Stanford a guy drove his '95 R to work a couple times a week.
The 351 gives me goosebumps..
The car is all business. It's funny, with open track events I can turn the air and CD player on..
LoL

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
The only think odd about my experience was that on sunday a flight of 4 C130 aircraft flew fairly low over the race track....While I was on track. I recall looking up between turns 2 and 3 and seeing them. Then for another half a lap wondering to myself how i had gotten so comfortable as to have not only noticed them but watched them for a moment.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Cool vid!! Although I think I was going to puke at about 6:05 into it from all the pan in-out and shaking going on! lol

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
TXPD said:

There is a set of Gunmetal wheels that are offered by one of the reproduction companies, they look nice. They are not black, so they do not get lost, "appearance wise" in the fender well, but they look very close to what your wheels look like with the brake dust. They give the white 95R an "all business" look, IMO. They also appear to be of the same quality as the original 95R silvers, and they (the gunmetals) were cheap! I will try to add a link to a picture of the set I bought tonight.

R

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
oh? hmm...i didn't the replicas were race safe. interesting. i have found a set of 17x9 ROH's in Saleen Yellow. Sean Hyland recommends the wheels for road racing, but the yellow....I am not sure what I could do with the yellow.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
TXPD said:
oh? hmm...i didn't the replicas were race safe. interesting. i have found a set of 17x9 ROH's in Saleen Yellow. Sean Hyland recommends the wheels for road racing, but the yellow....I am not sure what I could do with the yellow.

You might be right, they might not be race safe. Were the original 95R wheels, or any of the Cobra R wheels including the 93R/94 Mustang GT wheels spec'ed to a higher standard than D.O.T. requirements? I would guess that all reproduction wheels would have to meet D.O.T. requirments? Of course I know there are better suited/higher priced wheels out there for racing which far outweigh the originals, in weight reduction and strength.

R

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
personally, i dont know anything. i think that has been established pretty well. what i have been told is that the original wheels, the R58's, are race friendly. I have no idea what reasons are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread