Yup bent axel

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Don't know how or when but the driver side axel wobbles....

Any ideas how or why? I haven't hit or curbed the car...It's been a whine that has increased in sound over a long period of time since almost new, but were able to finally pin point the noise and noticed the wobble in the tire. Tire and rotor were removed with the car on a lift and the hub wobbled.

Also just ordered moser axels

rdsnk46

Established Member
Transport before you owned the car? From the Plant to dealer.....porter prolly jacked around and hit something.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Dam, maybe I should check mine! I have a whine that's been increasing in sound as well. Is Ford covering it under warranty or claiming its damaged by you?

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
No way in hell ford is touching my car. So since it's broke might as well upgrade.

I've been googling around and have seen a lot of stangs with bent axels from the factory so since our rear end is pretty much the same, I'm guessing I'm in the same situation. I mean there is no reason for that to be bent the way it is. I haven't been involved in any type of accident or curbed the rear wheel. So basically it either just bent out of the blue or has been that way since day one and has progressively gotten worse. The increase in whine throughout the months was the indicator of the damage being there from the beginning. Freaking Sux man but def check your axels if you have some drivetrain noise or whine, you might find a bent axel like a lot of Stang owners have found with brand new cars.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Mines already been to the dealer to document the issue. They told me it was an "inherent chatacteristic" of the car, but still offered to tear it down if I wanted. I denied and chose just to have it recorded and see if it went away with some miles.
I don't think mine got louder, it just started doing it progressively sooner in terms of speed. Started out at 60 and above, now it's present at 40.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Mines already been to the dealer to document the issue. They told me it was an "inherent chatacteristic" of the car, but still offered to tear it down if I wanted. I denied and chose just to have it recorded and see if it went away with some miles.
I don't think mine got louder, it just started doing it progressively sooner in terms of speed. Started out at 60 and above, now it's present at 40.

Mine got louder and is starting sooner...

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Is it possible to have bent on a hard launch? If so then what's the possibility that the axel housing is bent as well.. ??

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Is been breaking my head trying to figure out how this happened...

Guess I'll pick up some CHE axle braces along with the axles

breoland

Established Member
I have an 09, are a lot of guys having the issue? I had gears done and no whine or any type of noises for now

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
This is the first I've heard of a bent axle from the factory. I attributed the noise my car makes to a gear whine, but I guess it could be an axle bearing screaming due to a slightly mis shaped axle. I haven't checked mine yet, but I don't get any shakes, shimmies or vibrations which is usually present with axle damage.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Beats me man but what I do know is that I have not curbed the car at all, that's y I was asking if a hard launch on sticky tires would be the cause.

But the sound was present prior to any drag racing though and it has become increasingly louder with time.. So like I said it's got me scratching my head in wonder. But the problem was identified as it being the drivers side rear axle only.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Rear end was taken apart to check the gears and everything was perfect along with the gear wear pattern.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Check this thread out.. A few new 2010 GT500 owners with the same symptoms as myself had to have axles changed from the dealer due to them being out of " spec "

Guess I'm not alone on this one

[ame=http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6867]Rear End issue on new 2010 gt500...please help! - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum[/ame]

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
A friend of mine has a 2010 Mustang GT that had a bent axle same thing never a wreck never a curb, Ford would not warranty it.

Users who are viewing this thread