Yup I got the 2nd gear spin

NewToFord

Established Member
Well I nailed it on the entrance ramp tonight, and when I hit 2nd the tires just kept spinning, but with no noise. I was wondering why the car doesnt seem to accelerate in 2nd gear, now I see why. So all you guys concered with your "slow" cobras you are probably just getting this silent tire spin. Now its time for a pulley upgrade.

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I still have my stock pulley in and I can spin the tires in 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Can't wait to see what will happen when I get a different sc pulley on this car with a custom tuned chip.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
It's mostly due to the greasy F1's, especially if you're low on tread. I was spinning in 3rd with my combo on the stock tires; with new BFG KD's of stock size, first is still a waste but it's a lot better and I have 95% traction in 2nd now- massive change.

lifter213

Established Member
The other night when i was at the track i barked the tires in all 4 gears :burnout: I was impressed. My friends said it was awesome hearing the cars exhaust and then the scratch of the tires going into gears 2,3, & 4. I wish i had a video of it :(

SnakeEyes87

Established Member
Has anyone ever playing with their car on a Dry road, just redlining the gears and shifting hard, not powershifting either, and had the wheel-spin light pop on in the dash when you shifted into 4th, and then remaining on for a few seconds. This road was completely dry too with no impurities upon it. I had 3 of my guy friends in it (who are into imports, but these imports back up the shit they talk) and they were like dammmmmmnnn! They were impressed by the Cobra and even told me that my driving was not bad at all for a girl ;). My tires will also chrip through 4th usually on the dragstrip too. I think it's amazing to see a video of me doing that against some little LS1.

Last edited:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by NewToFord
Well I nailed it on the entrance ramp tonight, and when I hit 2nd the tires just kept spinning, but with no noise. I was wondering why the car doesnt seem to accelerate in 2nd gear, now I see why. So all you guys concered with your "slow" cobras you are probably just getting this silent tire spin. Now its time for a pulley upgrade.

Iv got it to chirp going into second but never a full fledged spin of the tires when shifting to the next gear... Granted my car is still stock (accept for a K&N dropin)

Users who are viewing this thread