Z06 at C-bad

McRat

Established Member
Actually, she's run it into the high 11's several times.
We weren't running good, and the engine was throwing codes (o2 Sensor).

Trust me, she can drive with the best of 'em.

Stock? Errr... Define stock? We've got a couple of NAWWSS stickers in the glovebox, that's good for 50hp.

Seriously, the car is full weight, completely stock engine and trans. It has the top of the airbox removed, I tuned it, and it has an aftermarket muffler. It runs on DOT race tires. We just put 4.10's in it last Monday, but it wasn't running as good as it has in the past.

But don't worry, I'll have the Blue Meanie in good health soon. We expect it to run 11.7's before the end of the year with no other changes.

There was another Z06 there that was running mid to high 11's, but it has a 5psi supercharger on it.

Anyways, it was a BLAST!!! We'll have to do it again soon! :beer:

stang99

Yes. Let's do it again. Where is that pulley? I need a bottle of nitrous too. ET Streets or slicks seem appropriate. Can't be losing to Chevys. We are snakes from the Snake Pit.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
I've got to get some ET Streets and do a nice 6500 rpm dump. Screw the halfshafts!

If a 5300 dump netted my an 11.99@117 in the heat of the afternoon, I wonder what a 6500 dump would net me in the cool morning air (if it stays in 1 piece of course)?

stang99

Yes. Definitely ET Streets and a KB. That might get me in the 11's (at LACR). Maybe I can borrow some ET Streets? No, I have retired.
6500 dump? It is interesting that you think that the Et Streets will grip with a 6500 rpm dump on your 117-118 mph car. I figure that your car is making 460 RWHP at least and a similar torque figure. With its 4.10's, the multiplication of torque in 1st should be impressive. And, the tires will hold with a 6500 RPM launch? You better get your wallet out, because the clutch is going to go for sure if the half shafts don't pop. Then, if you are indulging in this madness at C-Bad, it will not be inexpensive to get your car hauled to some place where it can be fixed.
I saw a picture of Rick ar AR replacing a half shaft in the field. Perhaps Adam should bone up on the proceedure and jhwalker should invest in a shaft or two? Hell, he's provided everything else.

Originally posted by SonicVenum
I've got to get some ET Streets and do a nice 6500 rpm dump. Screw the halfshafts!

If a 5300 dump netted my an 11.99@117 in the heat of the afternoon, I wonder what a 6500 dump would net me in the cool morning air (if it stays in 1 piece of course)?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Screw a new halfshaft! If it goes, I'll have "The Wrench" bolting up a new solid-axle with an E-locker and 31-spline axles! Man, I'd have to buy him a BIG dinner for that amount of labor. ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i think you'd have to financially raise him for that much work. ;-) if i bust a halfshaft i'll go in on that w/ you. where did you want to get stationed first adam? :D

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
sure, after i deposit my rearend all over the track. maybe i should look into one of those solid axles too. i wonder how long it'd take for the wrench to swap it out at the track? ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread