Z06 came after me and got ....

97cobraheaven

Established Member
so i was headed home last night from work and as i am driving past one of the car dealerships i see a Corvette parked outside the gate. the 2 guys are fixin to hop the gate when i drive by and they just look at my car as i drive by, so i throw a rev, just to say HI! :thumbsup: Well this caused the 2 guys to perform what looked like chinese firedrill, after bumping into one another they hop back in the car. i am approaching a light as it is turning red, the vettes lights pop up and they roll up next to me.
well this is when i notice it is a Z06! i am like shit, i am gonna get destroyed! but i figured i will give it all i got. so the light turns green and we roll out side by side and i dont wait for him and i hit it. i pulled him out a length and shifted and kept that lead, shifted to third and shut it down. then i see a cop from the other direction and i dip into a neighborhood, and the z06 follows. well we eventually catch another light and i launch it and spin pretty good through 1st and shift to 2nd and keep the lead on him. well we slow down and start talkin. I could tell he had a cam cause it is loping pretty good. He complements my car and says it is really clean. i asked if he had a cam and he said yeah, its got heads and a cam. i asked what it put down and he said 440hp. he said he was getting no traction and wanted to go outside of town and go from a dig. i declined stating that he would destroy me! he was real cool, 22-23 yrs old. so it is a kill but i know he would have bent me over if we went longer than my 3rd gear. it was silver by the way and i think an 01.

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
Awh man thats badass!!!!! Very humble and respectful...thats the way a stang owner should be!!Nice work!

DCAN87

Established Member
JerZeyFive-O said:
Awh man thats badass!!!!! Very humble and respectful...thats the way a stang owner should be!!Nice work!
x2. That was very cool of you man. Nice kill. :rockon:

Cammed01C5

Established Member
Is the rwhp/rwtq in your sig on the spray?

I could only get 289/283 out of my 98 Cobra and I had all the same stuff as you except I had 4.30's, and no spray.

02 Z06

Squeze me please me
Established Member
sounds like fun. i would of raced him anyways just to see the car move out. i was revving out vipers in my gmc sierra 3500 just to see the guy gas it and show me what a viper wil do. who knows you might have beat him i have terrible traction problems in first and even second if i dont lift after it starts spining from the 1-2 shift. it would be safe to assume the z06 was CAI, full exhaust, on top of his heads and cam.

Harry Schneider

Established Member
Too much credit!!

You younger guys give the Corvette too much credit. Up here in Canada, they're $80,000 cars and the run scared from $40,000 Cobras. The last Vette I raced, I was behind him when he pulled out to pass a car in front of him, (he was taunting me a block earlier), I was on his ass, had to let off because I would have rear-ended him, when he pulled into the right lane, I blew by him! All within a block and abit!! Don't forget that Vettes slow their acceleration rate as speed increases too, just like your car! You should have raced him because it takes alot to pull a couple of car lengths from 3rd on up. You probably would have beat him to shut-down!! Never give in, remember FORD rules, and smile cause you've got one!!

Harry Schneider

Established Member
Shawn MacAnanny said:
Well come on Spyder :)
14 sec. 1/4 mile? I had a 74 Vette in 1975 with a 454 auto totally stock except for headers and at 5000 ft. alt. was running 14.3!! Guess they haven't gotten any faster eh? Time to buy a Mustang! Do you pull off when a new 05 pulls up beside you?

Machinator

Banned
Harry Schneider said:
14 sec. 1/4 mile? I had a 74 Vette in 1975 with a 454 auto totally stock except for headers and at 5000 ft. alt. was running 14.3!! Guess they haven't gotten any faster eh? Time to buy a Mustang! Do you pull off when a new 05 pulls up beside you?

Hey man I drive an 04 Cobra but dude calm down man vettes are cool, besides they are some of the few allies that us Mustang dudes have in this war on ricerism. I love Z-06's and other vettes I even like f-bodys. And when some procharged vette kills you dont come complainin here, cause if your not modded enough it can sure happen.

YouDontKnowMe

¿what?
Established Member
Harry Schneider said:
I hope you are kidding, ;-) =kidding, if you are serious, wow

Harry Schneider

Established Member
Ford Blue Blood

Sorry guys, but I'm 47 years old and I've had alot of cars and Jap bikes in my time from 440-6pak 71 Challengers to bored out z-1 Kawis, and my blood and all my families (8 Fords) runs Blue Oval Blue!! Not tryin to hurt anyones feelin's, I'm just real passionate about how incredible the Mustang GT and Cobras are. My brother in law runs a Vortex GT conv. with forged bottom end tuned to 700rwhp, all that for less than the cost of a Vette. Their the first and only Pony car left!! Corvettes are a nice looking car I admit, but Chevy needed to upgrade the technology years ago, the Z06 still runs push-rods for cryin out loud. Doesn't anyone wonder why they're on the verge of going belly-up? Technology doesn't wait for anyone! That's why you guys have so many "Ricers" to race...technology. Happy Thanksgiving to all you down south, this is 1 Canadian that says "Be proud of who you are!" (Canada sucks sometimes!!) P.S. Don't forget that the Bow tie guys hate our Fords and have for as long as there's been both brands! Competition pushes us forward!!

Last edited:

Shawn MacAnanny

Pillage BEFORE you burn!!
Established Member
Yeah my car does 14s.... Why does everyone take that seriously? Did 11.81@121 with a 2.1 60ft on the old tune with a dozen problems. Ran it one week after the HC install, uploading a the tune first and had my friend run the car since my ankle wasnt healed. It's easilly low 11s high 10s now. It'll be going back hopefully next weekend. I broke the output shaft on a 1-2 shift and a few internals in the transmissions so i had to buy a new one.

YouDontKnowMe

¿what?
Established Member
Harry Schneider said:
but Chevy needed to upgrade the technology years ago, the Z06 still runs push-rods for cryin out loud. Doesn't anyone wonder why they're on the verge of going belly-up? Technology doesn't wait for anyone!

You know the ancient pushrod Z06 runs with the new Ford GT, right? You know they pumped 505 horsepower out of that old-fashioned pushrod, right? Why fix something thats not broken?

Zentenk

Established Member
Not to mention Stock LS1 still edging out the technologically advanced 05 Mustang GT.

Users who are viewing this thread