Z06 Corvette kill:

wheelspin

Established Member
Up at the classic car drive in night here in Rochseter this week, a stooge in a brand new Z06 killed his own car. Hew was trying to impress the croud with a run to about 90 in front of the drive inn, and on the 2-3 shift (100mph??) he got sideways. So he let off the gas completely. HE went side to side, and them right into the side of a new Tahoe. Woof. His insurance company just ate $90,000 worth of vehicles. We got the estimate on the Z06 at work today. $29,000 in damages as of what they have found right now... Old rich guys who can't drive. Gotta love to hate em.

TheGreyBox

Established Member
What an idiot! People just don't think about what they're doing. someone buys a fast car and they automatically think they're faster than everyone else just becuz the price tag on their car is above 50k so they feel they have to show off their new toy. if you cant drive it dont buy it :gt: i hope whoever was in the tahoe is ok and even though the guy driving the zo6 is an dummy i hope he wasnt hurt either, just makes my blood boil :mj:.......i'm outta here later

P.S. it's also a shame that the z06 got totaled :(

wheelspin

Established Member
Yeah, it only had like 5K miles on it I guess. The two ladies in the Tahoe were ok. They went to see a lwayer the next day though...

SVT X 2

I C U
Established Member
Dumbass....

I'm surprised I didn't hear that story... did you post it on MMM? There was a silver Z06 rollin' Uni tonight...

wheelspin

Established Member
Nope, only posted it here.

-I can't believe they aren't going to total it. The transmission belhousing is broken from where it went through the dash and glovebox into the passenger footwell. I feel sorry for the next guy to get that car...

LS1Z28Chris

Established Member
Survival of the fittest. Ain't it great? :D

Some people don't deserve to drive such cars. Luckily all we have to do is sit around and wait. Mother nature will take care of the rest. lol :loser: :beer:

Chris

Mowgli

Established Member
I've found the quotient of incompetent vette drivers to be unusually high for a sportscar. Much higher than F-bod drivers. Not higher than incompetent Mustang drivers though. You almost never see a bad Viper driver either (at least around here).

I imagine the vette's rep is saddled with all the mid-life crisis dorks who buy it for some perceived image (gotta question the intelligence of anyone that does that - I call it the Harley Davidson Syndrome), just like the Mustang's is saddled with all the clueless women out there who buy it "cus its cute".

...sorry for the sexual stereotyping :)

Last edited:

wheelspin

Established Member
Sterotype all you want Mowgli. That's the reason we have a ponycar while the fbodys are on the skids. Whatever works man. I'lll take it.

DLV

Established Member
I haven't seen too many incompetent Cobra drivers. 5.0 drivers, for sure. That's why these cars get rarer and rarer. But the low depreciation of the Cobras seems to keep the majority out of the hands of teen racers. Not teen-age, teen-mentality. Totally right about the Vettes, though. This buyer mentality has caused Porsche and Mercedes to soften their cars. Not in power, but with all kinds of anti-skid, anti-slip, anti-heel&toe, anti-clutch drop, anti-driver skill technology. They're afraid of the physicians and lawyers ending up in pieces. F-bodies, Cobras, Vipers and BMW M cars only seem to end up in the hands of capable drivers, for the most part. And I know, putting all those cars together in one sentence was taking some liberty.

Cullen Wharton

END GAME!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by LS1Z28Chris
Survival of the fittest. Ain't it great? :D

Some people don't deserve to drive such cars. Luckily all we have to do is sit around and wait. Mother nature will take care of the rest. lol :loser: :beer:

Chris

How true is that statement!!!!!!!

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli
I've found the quotient of incompetent vette drivers to be unusually high for a sportscar. Much higher than F-bod drivers. Not higher than incompetent Mustang drivers though. You almost never see a bad Viper driver either (at least around here).

I imagine the vette's rep is saddled with all the mid-life crisis dorks who buy it for some perceived image (gotta question the intelligence of anyone that does that - I call it the Harley Davidson Syndrome), just like the Mustang's is saddled with all the clueless women out there who buy it "cus its cute".

Yep we Mustang drivers are a bunch of incompetent people huh? Check your vehicle, your in one as well.

PS the sig reflects MINOR mods, no power adders, no gears, no slicks.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Mowgli

You my fellow stanger are an idiot. That is all.

cyntaxx

Established Member
no offense to any mustang owners here...

but i think mustang owners are even more incompetent..or at least dangerous..in a way than corvette owners...

think about it:

every other high schooler fresh from the dmv drives a mustang of some sort...albeit most are of the v6 flavor...

Users who are viewing this thread