z06 gets a reality chesk

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
z06 gets a reality check

Tonight i had some really nice runs agienst a black z06 vette. The first run was from a stop all motor. I got him from the hole but he eventually cought me at about 50 and we stayed neck and neck until about 80 before he flew past me and beat me (which is ok since my car isnt built for top speed). The second run was with me on the giggle gas:). Off the launch i hooked really hard and just pulled him before i shut it down at about 120 with him about 2 cars behind me. The second run was on the spray agian but this time i missed the 2-3 :bash: (thank god for the window switch) and he cought up some ground and but i got it and left his ass until my car suddenly just fell on its face in fourth. We stoped and my air/fuel gauge was really lean :eek: and i started to freak out thinking i messed something up. SO i popped the hood and luckily it was only my stock air intake just came loose from the throttle body. I hooked it back up and it ran fine. The guy was pretty cool other then when i first pulled up to him he laughed at me in your tippical "z06 im better then you laugh" (dont get him wrong i have friends with vetts and their not dicks but alot of the guys I meet think I'm slow when i pull up and through a rev at their z06). Anyways, the guy said he had headers, exaust, and a lid with a filter. All in all it was a pretty good night for the "gobra" other then the vette I got a piece of an ls1 ss with bolt-ons, a mach 1 and the owner of 50resto.coms new 05 gt (which is really bad-ass) he said that he just picked it up at around noon today, drove it home and bolted on 19in bbs dipdish rims, a steeda front lip, a black 69 boss looking hoodscoop, a black steeda spoiler, bassani exhaust and headers. And the car is screaming yellow with black hood scoop and spoiler :rockon:. Sorry for all of the rambling on but I had a good night.

Last edited:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Great Kill. That has got to feel really good. Is your gut still wrenching about your car falling on it's face in fourth. That had to be scary right after running it hard. Glad to hear it was something simple.

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
ya, when ever it feel on its face i dont think i have ever felt that scared in my life.

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
Nice kill. You really have to respect everything on the street, or you might learn the hard way that lots of cars are very fast, just like that Z06 ownner did.

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
from a dig i wasted the ss and he never cought up to me until we shut it down at about 120, he was about 3 cars behind me. The other race was from a first gear roll, i started at 3000 rpms which is the start of my powerband i slowly walked away from him but he stayed about half a car behind me up until about 130 before we both shit it down. When i asked what he had done to his car all he said was bolt-ons and gears. So i am assuming he had headers, exhaust (i think slp since the car was EXTREMLY LOUD) probably 3.73 gears, and a lid.

cyaford

Established Member
Nice kill! What have you done to your car since you made 310rwhp on motor? That's pretty good to be hanging with him from 50-80mph like you did. :)

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
drag radials, 90/10 front struts 50/50 rear shocks and eibach drag launch springs. but its still putting out only 310:( Beats me on how i hung that long with him n/a :shrug:

cyaford

Established Member
rrspicer said:
drag radials, 90/10 front struts 50/50 rear shocks and eibach drag launch springs. but its still putting out only 310:( Beats me on how i hung that long with him n/a :shrug:

If it was a Z06 and he was ****y, like you said, sounds like he let out for a little bit before going WOT again on your motor run. He also sounded clueless. As far as I know, there is no "lid with a filter" available for a Z06, or C5 for that matter. Those are for F-Bodies. Still a good kill though.

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
he looked about 20 and by the way he was talking it sounded like he was trying to impress his girlfriend (who was their with him) when he was telling me his mods. I do know that is was a Z06 unless it was a c5 with Z06 stuff on it.

MATT SS

Hey NICE CAR, it really seems like you care about it. You have every bolt on imaginable it seems. Did it take long to put everything together and how much, about did u put in?

SPICER

Blood, Sweat, and Gears!
Established Member
lets just say that i could have got an 03 cobra with all the the $$$ it took to get the car and all of the parts. To bad ford didnt build the 03 cobra in 99:( O well, it funny to see the look on 03 owners faces and Z06 owners when i fly past them. Eventually when ever the nitrous blows the motor or something, i will get it rebuilt with forged internals and add some BOOOOOOOOOOST!!!!!!! But until then i have a 641/2 coupe that i am going to be restoring. SO that is where all of my $$$ is going into.

03EBZ06

IYAOYAS
Established Member
rrspicer said:
I do know that is was a Z06 unless it was a c5 with Z06 stuff on it.
It could have been 1999 or 2000 FRC. These FRCs look very close to Z06 and most of the Non-Vette enthusiasts isn't able to distinguish the differences. The FRC comes with LS1 engine vice LS6, doesn't have LS6 badges and rear brake cooling duck, other than that, it looks same as Z06. The owner could have easily slap on bagdes.

I'm not saying it wasn't a Z06, but it is possible that it could have been FRC with badges.

Users who are viewing this thread