z06 gets a reality chesk

davidgp

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have been reading for quite some time. I have a ZO6 but enjoy reading the posts on this board. I respect all fast cars on the street. Those new Cobras are sweet cars as are many cars listed on this forum. :beer:

As far as I know, there is no "lid with a filter" available for a Z06, or C5 for that matter. Those are for F-Bodies.

C5's have a lid that can be removed to allow more airflow. This is also known as the ziptie mod. The ties hold the filter in place.

cyaford

Established Member
davidgp said:
C5's have a lid that can be removed to allow more airflow. This is also known as the ziptie mod. The ties hold the filter in place.

Right, which is why you will NEVER hear a C5 or Z06 owner say they have a lid and filter. The ziptie is a common mod for those that want to get similar gains compared to cold-air intakes, but don't want to shell out the extra $$$. They will either leave the AC delco filter on, or switch it out to a K&N. :)

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
rrspicer said:
O well, it funny to see the look on 03 owners faces and Z06 owners when i fly past them.
If they have an odd look on their face, that just means they really don't know what's going on. I have a real good idea of what cars, in stock form, are faster, slower, or drivers race with my car. If I get beat by a "slower" car, that just means the guy isn't stock.

With enough time and/or money, pretty much any car can be made wickedly fast. That's why I don't underestimate any car, and don't act like a jerk. Losing doesn't embarrass me, but acting like there's no way I'd lose and *then* getting beaten would make me have to hang my head in shame :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread