Z06 goes down

doclaw78

Established Member
So on the way home from Krispy Kreme with my DAD(67) I run across a silver/grey Z06. We do 2 pulls from 60-70mph(i'm in 3rd) I was able to pull a couple of fenders on him. My Dad was yelling the entire time SLOW DOWN!!!!! Anyways was a nice run really nice car too!! I just thouoght I would share. :pepper:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah,

You guys should have gone 2nd gear.. a lil more fun. I cant wait to run one of you guys with my new baby! Congrats on the kill :thumbsup:

doclaw78

Established Member
Cool, sounds like a nice little run.

Any mods on the Z that you could tell? pipes?

I have no idea..the look on his face when I started pulling away was pricless!!! I'm sure he thought it would be an easy win. I wish I could have heard him cussing when he tried again the second time.

Quik Z06

Established Member
That Z must have had some mods. You should freight train a bone stock C5Z with a pulley.

Lol you sure about that? We just went at it in another thread and all agreed it takes 60-70 more hp for the Cobra to stay even with a Z. It may pull out the win, but it wont be a freight train by far.

Either way nice run :coolman:

jgheels2003

Established Member
That Z must have had some mods. You should freight train a bone stock C5Z with a pulley.

What on Earth would make you think this?

It can't be anything that makes sense according to physics as we know it, so I'm curious to hear your explanation.

03snakenvtn

Established Member
Wasn't there a video that compared the 2 very well? Like 450hp in a Cobra will be very close but will slowly pull on a stock c5z? It definitely wouldn't pull it like a freight train.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
What on Earth would make you think this?

It can't be anything that makes sense according to physics as we know it, so I'm curious to hear your explanation.

If you can drive and don't have a heffer riding with you. Both stock C5Zs I've run from a 40 roll I put about 3 to 4 cars on through 4th.

For the sake of physics, most pullied cars should make between what 525-550 at the flywheel? That is a good 100 to 150 over a C5Z.

It should more than make up for the weight difference if you can hit the gears and keep the tires planted.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwFYZSai1WA]YouTube - Pullied 03 Cobra vs Stock 03 Z06[/ame]

And that is in a 4000 lb vert no less.

Users who are viewing this thread