Z06 loses to near stock Cobra

93Snake

I know they have an LS6.... I said "LS1 Near stock" because around here you wouldn't believe how many guys say there camaro or bird is near stock with gears,lid,air filter,cutout etc etc. I was just cracking a little joke :D, no disrespect to camaro or bird owners.. my stepfather used to have a 2000 M6 WS6 and it was a fast car.

Last edited by a moderator:

formula87350

Established Member
1badsnake said:
I know they have an LS6.... I said "LS1 Near stock" because around here you wouldn't believe how many guys say there camaro or bird is near stock with gears,lid,air filter,cutout etc etc. I was just cracking a little joke :D, no disrespect to camaro or bird owners.. my stepfather used to have a 2000 M6 WS6 and it was a fast car.

Oh I gottcha. I know how some guys can be with their "near stock" claims. I know I will get a lot of $hit for this from the LS1 guys but Cobras walk all over me (well my times anyway) with the same mods! Oh well, guess I should have researched it a bit more before I bought my car.

93Snake

Bandit, Drivers... assuming equal driving skill a Mach should take a GTO, a not so great driver in a mach 1 will loose to a good driver in a GTO. I never saw a GTO run better then 13.7 stock up here, my mach did 13.3-13.5's in stock trim

03 SeRpEnT

The Feeling Hurter
Established Member
FroDaddy said:
Sorry, but you're far from "near stock" rwhp or traction. You're pushing at least 30rwhp more than stock (probably more like 40rwhp more), and with drag radials you're putting that to the ground. With a tune you'd see well over 400rwhp.

Just know that intake/exhaust gives you VERY good gains so you can't claim it makes you "near stock" stock RWHP levels. That's like saying all you did was add a pulley so you're near stock!

Anyway, I'm not discrediting your kill. Just trying to put things in perspective... it's obvious the Z06 was the lesser car so congrats on getting the job done vs. GM's finest!

boo hoo probably another gm owner with their pants in their ass. He won with a filter and catback, get over it, just have respect for the fastest production stang ford has made.

Users who are viewing this thread