Z06+nos

ALLTHATISMAN

Established Member
Well this isnt really a kill but a tale of one fast z06. I was at the local tracks last night and saw a nice clean, black z06 pull up to the line. I noticed he had 12 flat posted on his windshield. Most of the time vette owners around here rarely come close to the times they THINK they should be running, so I somewhat blew him off. Light turns green, he goes like a bat out of hell without so much as a chirp--no slicks, no semi's either. He ends up pulling an 11.2. I went to talk to him to find out what he had in it: it was a salvaged, 2001 z06, chip, intake, nitrous, and maybe one other mod, I'm not sure he kinda mumbled i had a hard time understanding him. I know his next mod was long tube headers. He claims 12.2 all day long without the nitrous. So at close to 28 mpg on the highway, i think i have found my next car.

Sm00th

Established Member
Wow deadeye I just looked at your mods, you have one hell of a nice car. :bowdown:
Do you have any pics? or even video's? pics will be good enough.
:kaboom:

cenwesi

Established Member
yep...gas milage is the other thing i am worried about these days.... i don't see why with the new cobra's FORD!!! didn't make them close to the C5/Z06 milage.

Cal

Established Member
Originally posted by cenwesi
yep...gas milage is the other thing i am worried about these days.... i don't see why with the new cobra's FORD!!! didn't make them close to the C5/Z06 milage.

Weight might have something to do with it. The Z06 is about 500 lbs lighter. And the Vette is NA while the Cobra is Supcharged, that might have something to do with it.

DEADEYE

Banned
Originally posted by Sm00th
Wow deadeye I just looked at your mods, you have one hell of a nice car. :bowdown:
Do you have any pics? or even video's? pics will be good enough.
:kaboom:

All I have is 1 pic and it's huge. I can't shrink it on this web tv thing so I'll try to give you a link. Zoe

FFKnuckles

Giggidy-Giggidy-Giggidy!
Established Member
When I went to Brandenton I saw a beautiful metallic blue Z06 run 11.6 all night long. I feel ya, talk about wanting a new car! 33mpg and I'm SOLD!! That thing was beastly and a beautiful tone as it burned up the 1/4.

BTW...linkie no workie

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
Originally posted by Cal
Weight might have something to do with it. The Z06 is about 500 lbs lighter. And the Vette is NA while the Cobra is Supcharged, that might have something to do with it.

4 things that get worse fuel economy in the 03 Cobra vs Vette.. more power, more weight(dosn't do much on the highway to hurt mileage), worse gearing(3.55 and .67 vs 3.42 and .50) and .30 Cd Z06 vs .36 Cd Cobra...

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Deadeye.. when your gonna get that tune dialed in. Every time i read your sig i always see that..

How often do you go the lakefront..

Users who are viewing this thread