Z06 owner whining!

SPDFRK

Established Member
Corvette, big deal!?!?

I don't know what the big deal is with people and Corvette's, they are not that great! For a $40k+ car they should be a lot nicer inside and out build quality wise. For that kind of money the new M3 is a far better built car. Of course it isn't as fast 1/4 mile but of all the people I know with Vette's maybe 5% of them have even been on a track with it. Almost all vett owners do is spit out numbers and can't prove any of them. Don't get me wrong there are a few cool Vett owners out there that know how to drive/race there cars and actually let you look at/in it without getting all snobby! Let's get real guys a Corvette is still a Chevy plain and simple!

Regardless of which is faster "STOCK", the Corvette is no longer the best bang for the buck!

Have you priced mods for a Corvette lately? Anything with Corvette on it multiply the cost times 2!

ZO6=$51k
03 Cobra=$35k

The $16k you save put towards mods, that equals a lot faster snake for the money!

Good Day!

:thumbsup:

Berad001

Banned
Re: Corvette, big deal!?!?

Originally posted by SPDFRK
I don't know what the big deal is with people and Corvette's, they are not that great! For a $40k+ car they should be a lot nicer inside and out build quality wise. For that kind of money the new M3 is a far better built car. Of course it isn't as fast 1/4 mile but of all the people I know with Vette's maybe 5% of them have even been on a track with it. Almost all vett owners do is spit out numbers and can't prove any of them. Don't get me wrong there are a few cool Vett owners out there that know how to drive/race there cars and actually let you look at/in it without getting all snobby! Let's get real guys a Corvette is still a Chevy plain and simple!

Regardless of which is faster "STOCK", the Corvette is no longer the best bang for the buck!

Have you priced mods for a Corvette lately? Anything with Corvette on it multiply the cost times 2!

ZO6=$51k
03 Cobra=$35k

The $16k you save put towards mods, that equals a lot faster snake for the money!

Good Day!

:thumbsup:

Well the savings of 15-16k would make the cobra pretty crazy thats a fact. I cant say the corvette would be faster down the strip stock vs a cobra with 15k into it. But how about this, I buy a 89 fox for 500 bux. Drop 15k into it, and be faster than both cars for under 16k. :beer:

Friendchicken

I just find it humerous that the Z06 and C5 people are makking such a fuss over a pony car.

Actually, we should be flattered :thumbsup:

Weasel

Established Member
Berad001-
Your car looks great. I checked out your ebay auctionand it looks like the price is getting up there. I'm writing this from Cambridge. If I wasn't a relatively short wait from getting my 03, I'd be very tempted by your car. My 03 is a silver coupe, but your black vert is very sharp.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
Cmon you guys are you all on the pipe or what?

We are talking about pony cars vs sports cars....

This is like when the GTP guys talk about beating civics...

The reason they did that was they were not the best on the road, just best in class...

Ferraris are the baddest but no body can afford one.
Porsche builds awesome supercars like the GT1, GT2, GT3 and Turbo all beat the z06...but they are all over 100k
Vipers are faster, Panos are faster, so z06 vetts are cool but get thier asses kicked by rich people...

For my $38,000 ( and let me tell you that I am truly lucky to be able to have 3 little kids, a 4 bedroom house, a 2001 Minivan with a TV, a 93 Ford Explorer 4x4 XLT, a Porsche 914-6 GT and a 2003 Cobra Convertable) the new cobra is the baddest ass car any of my friends (or thier kids) owns. ( except my rich friends in the SCCA and the Porsche Club - most of whom I wouldnt know without being in those clubs)

So if you think your z06 is cool good.

If you just want to put down my toys then to quote Ozzies wife - "kiss my scroat!"

:bash:

Crusader

Established Member
I suppose it is a good time for me to comment... I'm glad to have sparked such a good conversation. I do feel though that the two cars are in different classes simply because one is a two seater and the other holds four. Naturally, we would expect the two seater to be superior in handling and acceleration. Yet, I want to be able to take my wife and kids out for a ride, and that is why I prefer the Cobra. Vettes have always been cool, but truly, the Ford Cobra is the most HP for the money and handles extremely well for a car that can fit the whole family. I can't wait until August when I get my Black 03! Cheers to the Cobra!:beer:

Berad001

Banned
Originally posted by Weasel
Berad001-
Your car looks great. I checked out your ebay auctionand it looks like the price is getting up there. I'm writing this from Cambridge. If I wasn't a relatively short wait from getting my 03, I'd be very tempted by your car. My 03 is a silver coupe, but your black vert is very sharp.

Thank you. Not sure if you ever head out ot epping but it would be sweet to get your 03 and my 03 out there some night for a few runs:-D When are you planning on picking up your 03 coupe? My 03 is going to be the same trim as my 01 all black :-D Anyway you can e-mail me at [email protected] and my AOLIM name is Bswerl.

SPDFRK

Established Member
Re: Re: Corvette, big deal!?!?

Originally posted by Berad001

Well the savings of 15-16k would make the cobra pretty crazy thats a fact. I cant say the corvette would be faster down the strip stock vs a cobra with 15k into it. But how about this, I buy a 89 fox for 500 bux. Drop 15k into it, and be faster than both cars for under 16k. :beer:

Sorry, The 03 Cobra is the best "NEW" car bang for the buck!:punch:

TIAMAT

Established Member
Wiyhout a doubt the 03' cobra rates up there in bang for the buck. The corvette is in a different class. In it's class are viper, 911's and so on. The cobras was the ws6 z28 ss and the likes. The z06 is a wicked performer and there is no reason for people to get twisted when someone says the z06 is better than the cobra. Every writer in motor trend, car & driver, and road & track will tell you the z06 is better. For me and my money the Mach 1 is my choice. If a guy pulls up next to me in my Mach 1 with a cobra and tells me his is better i will say ya it is. I couldn't give a shit. I love my Lightning, but it's still a truck.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
03 Cobra vs. ZO6

Apples to oranges
two seat to four seat
iron block to rear transaxle
"musclecar" to "sports car"

I, too, find it humorous (and flattering) that the ZO6 guys are doing their best to try to cut the '03 down...

Users who are viewing this thread