Z06 owner whining!

Crusader

Established Member
This is great!!!
I pulled this off the Zo6 chat rooms, "This sucks. The cars weighs like 500lbs more than Z, has 4 seats yet has Z's performance. Corvette is celebrating it's 5th decade and what do we get, ZERO power upgrade and some stupid color and logo options. If GM doesn't get with it Vette's won't be the best bang for the buck. All the Cobra needs to do is change an $80 pulley and we're toast. When will we get a true Z = 500HP, >3000lbs???? "

Y!

Yellow Horse

Established Member
He couldn't handle it if he had it. He could also buy a Viper. If you are Z06vette search for 2003 Cobra in all forums if you want to laugh.

Friendchicken

It seems that not only GM, but all car fan forums are talking about the new 03. I can see why tho ;) Buzz about no F-bods naturally spawns threads about the new cobra

Rob03

Established Member
Originally posted by Berad001
Any way you slice it the z06 is far better than the 03 cobra!

And your reasoning? Or is this just your opinion? Blanket statements without anything to back it up are stupid. The 03 Cobra isn't even out and supposedly you have one on order and you are making statements like this. If you like the vette so much buy one. Otherwise let the car be delivered and tested by the masses before making dumb troll remarks.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Yellow Horse

Established Member
There is a magazine test leak on BON that reports a pulley change and air filter is netting around 440 at the wheels. There'll be 03 Cobras kicking the dog crap out of Z06's at the track.

Berad001

Banned
Originally posted by Rob03

And your reasoning? Or is this just your opinion? Blanket statements without anything to back it up are stupid. The 03 Cobra isn't even out and supposedly you have one on order and you are making statements like this. If you like the vette so much buy one. Otherwise let the car be delivered and tested by the masses before making dumb troll remarks.

Cheers, :beer:
Robert

Hahah, I am in the cobra because it cost 15k less. The z06 is making some killer N/A dyno numbers, and lets see last week at the track we watch a STOCK z06 pull a 12.2 at 114 on a I think 1.93 (pretty sure those are the numbers). The zo6 is a killer around the track, we all know the cobra will be ok, but in no way a competitive car around a track. We know the cobra carries that killer interior that is about 10 YEARS OLD. All things being in play here the z06 is a much nicer car. The vette is playing in a diferent level than the cobra, but that does not change the fact I love stangs and dont wanna drop another 15k on a car. what do you base your claim on that the 03 cobra is "better," than a z06.

Am I trolling :-D

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member

Hahah, I am in the cobra because it cost 15k less. The z06 is making some killer N/A dyno numbers, and lets see last week at the track we watch a STOCK z06 pull a 12.2 at 114 on a I think 1.93 (pretty sure those are the numbers). The zo6 is a killer around the track, we all know the cobra will be ok, but in no way a competitive car around a track. We know the cobra carries that killer interior that is about 10 YEARS OLD. All things being in play here the z06 is a much nicer car. The vette is playing in a diferent level than the cobra, but that does not change the fact I love stangs and dont wanna drop another 15k on a car. what do you base your claim on that the 03 cobra is "better," than a z06.

Am I trolling :-D

He didn't say the '03 was better. Read more thoroughly my friend, he stated to let it be delivered and compare. But I'm sure you have driven a Z06 right? :rolleyes:

Berad001

Banned
Originally posted by Booyah

He didn't say the '03 was better. Read more thoroughly my friend, he stated to let it be delivered and compare. But I'm sure you have driven a Z06 right? :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, yes I have, on a regular basis. I have never driven one on the track or strip though. His advice to wait till the car comes out, and the amount of 03 propaganda you guys are tossing around in this board drives me to the assumption you guys really believe the 03 cobra is the most amazing car to ever hit the dealer lots. Super a pulley, intake, and chip will put the car into the low 12's high 11's all day. I have seen a stock 03 cobra dyno sheet reading 378RWHP. I have to say I am impressed ford sucked it up and slapped a blower on the 4.6. Being a current cobra owner (2001 cobra vert) I am looking forward to meeting an ls1 f-body or even a z06 at the local drag strip for a little revenge 2003 style. I have watched them run around the bondurant school. I know what the car is, and I know what its not. It is a quick stang that lacks the refinement, stance, and value the z06 has. Thats my only point. Perhaps this is a bad way to start my posting on this board. Nevertheless 1k in mods the cobra will be well out in front of a z06:-D If thats all you care about sweet, I guess thats all i care about seeing I have had one on order for months. Im sure most of you can agree the z06 is one bad ass car for 50k though:-D

Cat Breath

Established Member

the amount of 03 propaganda you guys are tossing around in this board drives me to the assumption you guys really believe the 03 cobra is the most amazing car to ever hit the dealer lots.

Really? Like that the 03 Cobras got an all forged motor that's going to respond like crazy to inexpensive and minimal mods? The Cobra is not built to compete with any vette, much less the mighty Z06. Furthermore, if you read the original post by Crusader, he quoted some joker from a Z06 forum as claiming that the Cobra will have Z06 performance. Niether he nor anyone else on this board would make such a foolish claim themselves. Obviously, matching the Z06s 1/4 mile performance is not the same thing as matching the Z06s performance in general.

It is a quick stang that lacks the refinement, stance, and value the z06 has.
The 03 Cobra lacks the value the Z06 has??? You're shitting me right? So on the good buy scale a Z06 is a 10 and the 03 Cobra is just a 6 or a 7? Then why the hell are you claiming to be buying one?

Perhaps this is a bad way to start my posting on this board.
You got that right. Now go back to the corvette forums you troublemaker!!
:cuss:

TIAMAT

Established Member
The z06 in technology and dynamics is better than the cobra. The cobra chassis is basically unchanged since 79'. The cobra could become much faster with easy mods with no trouble. I hate chevy but stock v's stock the only thing the cobra has over the z06 is price. The cobra may handle well but is aging quick. The new platform will be even more outstanding with a chassis and lighter curb weight. I ordered a Mach 1 because i love mustangs, but the z06 is one bad ass ride.

a94cobra

Established Member
Look people, a Corvette is simply that a Corvette. And they are one of the baddest cars on the planet. They handle and ride better than most sports cars dream of. The 03 might be getting close to the same level(handling wise), but she is still one step down. Dragstrip wise the 03 looks to be a real show stopper. I am a Ford man, and really don't like most chevy products right now. Have owned in the past and was not dissappointed. Just none(except the vette) impress me right now. I still dream of owning a Corvette someday. But If I am gonna own one, it will be new and shiney. I am not into fixing cars up. At the present I can't afford the 60k so I am gonna stay with the Fords and drive a 35k. I don't think I will have any trouble picking up a babe in either car.

Berad001

Banned
Originally posted by LEAD LARRY
You guys are wasting your time.

Don't Feed the TROLLS!:nono:

I am new here, but is that all you know how to say, don't feed the trolls? Maybe I am missing the point of this thread but its title is, "z06 owners whining," I just wanna know what they are wining about! I'm sure they are not worried about the 03, at least in stock trim. Let us not forget that the z06 can be modded too, with some ease might I add!

Last edited:

Berad001

Banned
Originally posted by Cat Breath

Really? Like that the 03 Cobras got an all forged motor that's going to respond like crazy to inexpensive and minimal mods? The Cobra is not built to compete with any vette, much less the mighty Z06. Furthermore, if you read the original post by Crusader, he quoted some joker from a Z06 forum as claiming that the Cobra will have Z06 performance. Niether he nor anyone else on this board would make such a foolish claim themselves. Obviously, matching the Z06s 1/4 mile performance is not the same thing as matching the Z06s performance in general.

The 03 Cobra lacks the value the Z06 has??? You're shitting me right? So on the good buy scale a Z06 is a 10 and the 03 Cobra is just a 6 or a 7? Then why the hell are you claiming to be buying one?

You got that right. Now go back to the corvette forums you troublemaker!!
:cuss:

First off let me start by saying you need to take the good with the bad. Its got forged pistons, crank, a t56, aluminium fly and drive shaft 355's, and alot more. I mean there is alot of good. But you seem to forget the fact its got a cast iorn block making it a complete pig. The eaton blower does not have a reputation for super high quality, and I still cant get over the fact this car has looked just about the same for 10 years. I know the motor has alot built into it, and thats good, but so does a vette. The point of this thread is z06 owners whining, I just wanna know what zo6 owner is worried about an 03 cobra.

In terms of the z06 being a better value than the cobra, I am right! Lets see what a 2003 cobra is worth 1 year down the road, then lets see what a z06 is worth a year later. Ah ha now you get the point I am going for. A z06 holds its value! Just because one cost more does not mean its a bad value.

Also I am from mustangworld.com have been there for a while. I have owned 3 SVT's over the years, the 2003 will be my 4th SVT. 98 SVT contour, 99 lightning, 2001 cobra, and 2003 cobra. I love mustangs with a passion. Not sure you believe I am getting a 2003, nor do I care, I would like like to now take this opertunity to say my 2001 is for sale.

My 2001 cobra is black on black, on grey. 14k on it. Tri ax, saleen light bar hell here is a pic, its also on ebay at this link

bradscobf5.jpg

CLICK HERE FOR EBAY

Users who are viewing this thread