Z06 Questions

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
I got into a little pissing match with a Z06 last night. Thought I would have gotten spanked, but on the contrary I put about a car length on him up to about 130. I let him get the jump at about 60. I did hit 3rd quite nicely though. :D

My question though, has anyone raced one of these? I know it had exhaust, and it had the little Z06 emblem up front, but don't know for sure if it was a Z06. My windows just got tinted (couldn't roll 'em down) and I couldn't see any of the scoops at the bottom. Had the wheels though. Is this normal to pull on a car like this? I imagine it was a 2003/2002 around that area. I dunno, it was black.

Any thoughts?
:pop:
:mods: Can you keep this in the terminator section for a day. I'd like this to get some feedback from termy owners before you move it to Road-Kill.
Thanks

Orange Poison

Established Member
Sounds normal. Based on your hp, you have an intake and catback.

With those two mods, you can run door to door with a 2003 Z06 or edge one out (like you did).

Good kill...btw.

WA 2 FST

Established Member
A Z06 with just a cat-back (I realize you couldn't tell much) is not going to be any faster than a stock one. The factory titanium Z06 cat-back is quite excellent for a stock/near-stock car. Now once you start flowing some serious air (forced induction) an aftermarket cat-back will help that car.

When my '02 Z06 was stock it ran 12.36 @ 116.xx mph on stock tires. 2.0xx 60' time. This was my first and only trip to the strip with it stock and it had 1100 miles on it. It put out 360rwhp/348rwtq stock. If you're at 408rwhp, then your result sounds right on to me. Your good shifting helps, of course. :D Nice job.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Sweet, thanks for the input. Damn did it make me grin after pullin' on him. I could have never done that in my 97 Cobra. Love this beast. Until the next one....

SVTCOBRAKID

Established Member
funny, i had a run with a z06 the other day and was dead even with him up till 80. then we shut down. time for more mods lol. nice run

Z06Les

Established Member
I agree with the others - with your HP and mods it would be a drivers race - congrat's on the nice kill.

Les

DKS2814V said:
I got into a little pissing match with a Z06 last night. Thought I would have gotten spanked, but on the contrary I put about a car length on him up to about 130. I let him get the jump at about 60. I did hit 3rd quite nicely though. :D

My question though, has anyone raced one of these? I know it had exhaust, and it had the little Z06 emblem up front, but don't know for sure if it was a Z06. My windows just got tinted (couldn't roll 'em down) and I couldn't see any of the scoops at the bottom. Had the wheels though. Is this normal to pull on a car like this? I imagine it was a 2003/2002 around that area. I dunno, it was black.

Any thoughts?
:pop:
:mods: Can you keep this in the terminator section for a day. I'd like this to get some feedback from termy owners before you move it to Road-Kill.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread