Z06 Race - WOW!

davidmax

Established Member
WE kick out alot of head/cam ATI and Eaton positive discplacement motors monthly.Its one of our best known 91 octane packages and without tons of detail there good for 600 rrwhp and a 2 year 24k miles warrantty on the motor.When my Cobra arrives back we always have someone in AZ. waiting for this stage 2 package to be completed and many that we trailer in on our 2 car 40 ft. carrier are driven home by the owner specially NM,CA,NV,CO.etc...

I would love to arrange a race between a stage 2 Z06 and my 03'still 250 heavier than Vette and I would imagine a 80-100 pony bank account(extra HP).I keep reading 480 rrwhp Cobras beating 550 pony Z06's is this just poor driving (my problem)I always say if you want you car to break 12's just give me a 9 second car and I'll take it from there.
But realisically on paper these races dont add up,I'm not calling anyone a BS arteeest but I feel the need to see it.And before years end I will get an owner and my Cobra even if it means lowering to 580-610 I want rear hp figures alike and than the weight consideration Z06 about 3300 Cobra 3750 less 325 for mine yields about3425,pretty close.I saved 250 lbs.(not in production yet but just weeks or days away) with the carbon fibre trunk and hood lids,80 Lbs. from the cast aluminum block,100 or so by no spare ,jacking kit,and rear seat delete from I believe to be a 01 Cobra.Also the 01 front splitter is about 30 lbs. lighter and aluminum rotor hats 7 Lbs. per wheel unsprung weight for great handling,Eibachs are lighter by a bit.
Than theres the weight of the cage chrome moly light and strong and on race day no front seat.
I will redo the gears on the Cobra to 3:55's from 4:10's as most Vettes run 3:42's and if its the MN12 Z06 box the tall gearing in the 1st 3 gears would = a 4:10 or real close.When I do the deal and its a car that did cam and heads and now wants a blower its EZ'er he now thinks he's broke in when he was when he drove out of the shop.Our Dyno tuning is extensive on the Dyno and on a road course as well so yo have 100 hard mile.we change the oil with a 500 mile recomendation hit 3k and your still fine.
So I will work hard at setting up a duel and it will be true to life.
BE EZ>,Dave S.

BocaCobra

Established Member
Blades...Its bad luck to plan something like that out. Good races like that just kind of develop. The minute we plan on all racing and have a camera crew is the time the cops are everywhere!

thedutt

Established Member
I think after reading all this, i might race my stock vert with my buddies Z06. I doubt that I can beat him, but it might be fun to just try it out. Will keep you'all posted

Users who are viewing this thread