Z06 Vs 03 Cobra (Mod for Mod)

03CobraBro

Established Member
Ok I know there have probably been about a million and one posts with this same topic, but I dont feel like digging 58 pages into the archives to find one. But just out of curiousity, when it comes down to the bolt on's... Which is the more potent of the 2 cars?

matt lankford

all is sold
this one, much cheaper too. i had and crashed a 01 z06 with a kirban and blackwing. as a matter-o-fact i stomped a 01 z06s ass today leaving the car wash

Lomancobra

Established Member
boosted engine is to NA engine : apples is to oranges

Remember these from the SATs?

The cobra is more easily modified to get huge gains since its blown. But if you have big bucks you can pop a S/C on the Z06 and forgetaboutit. I guess there really is no replacement for displacement. :shrug:

Last edited:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by Lomancobra
boosted engine is to NA engine : apples is to oranges

Remember these from the SATs?

The cobra is more easily modified to get huge gains since its blown. But if you have big bucks you can pop a S/C on the Z06 and forgetaboutit. I guess there really is no replacement for displacement. :shrug:

Yea, the whole thing is apples to oranges and no one ever wins these contests. Run what you brung. You'll beat some, and lose to others. There's always someone with more $$$, hence, there's always someone faster :)

dino

Established Member
First thing nobody freak out from this answer-

I happen to own a 02 zo6 and a 03 cobra
Both incredibly fast cars
both mine are completely stock
Stock zo6 faster,but not by much
I have raced my brother using both cars and
we also switched cars to try to eliminate driver
difference- zo6 - 1+ car length ahead
to 110 mph
I think the zo6 is easier to launch which helps
Mods coming to both soon

03CobraBro

Established Member
Geez, I never thought I'd see the day when Vettes, Stangs, and Vipers would be racing each other for times close to the 10 second range. Let alone being involved in that race. :)

trey193

Established Member
We went to Beech Bend this past weekend for the last T&T session and there was a red Z06 there on 26-10-15 ET Drags knocking of 11.90's @118, it had a complete exhaust and different intake and some other little things! With slicks and an exhaust system here a pulley there the 03's seem to run a little bit better than that, both cars stock and the Z06 is the faster of the 2 although not by much!

cobragb

Ford/Mustang Nut
Established Member
Yes, you can't really bat around Mod for Mod numbers. What you really have to do is compare $ to $. Now we can bat that idea around!

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I don't really see why we need to start a thread about this? If one of us thought the Z06 was a much better car than thats what we would have.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Kevin, there wouldnt be much fun in purchasing a performance vehicle, let alone modify'ing it, if you dont intend to analyze what the compatition has in respect to what your running.

dino

Established Member
Not to start flames,
but both cars straight line are fast as hell
when you have to turn and stop it is tough to compare the cobra
to the zo6. the zo6 is alot better
straight line dollar value= cobra
straight line+turn+stop =zo6

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I totally agree. All I talk about with my friends is other cars and which is better, its just that everytime people try to do it over the internet and a thread gets posted comparing two cars, eventually it just turns to an argument.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
I'd like to see a heads/cam/exhaust Z06 go against a Kenne Bell '03 Cobra :D :burnout:

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
LOL, I agree. Like the old adage: Never argue about politics, religeon, or sports. No one ever wins. Add "which car is best" to that list....

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I ran into this monster at the track one night, it was running mid to low 10's consistenly.
1114-1832-28462.jpg

1114-1832-28460.jpg

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I ran into this monster at the track one night, it was running mid to low 10's consistenly.
1114-1832-28462.jpg

1114-1832-28460.jpg

I would have probably made the guy mad. Anyone who spends $85,000 on 550 HP has more $$$ than gray matter.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by KevinJKD
I totally agree. All I talk about with my friends is other cars and which is better, its just that everytime people try to do it over the internet and a thread gets posted comparing two cars, eventually it just turns to an argument.

True, now that I think of it... I'm not here to get people stirred up by any means... I like the Z06 too, I just wanted to see where everything stacked up.

03CobraBro

Established Member
Originally posted by NetworkingGuru
I would have probably made the guy mad. Anyone who spends $85,000 on 550 HP has more $$$ than gray matter.

I take it your not a very big viper fan. :p The NSX is the worst though. 90 thousand dollars for 290 horse. :kaboom:

Last edited:

Lomancobra

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTVenom
I'd like to see a heads/cam/exhaust Z06 go against a Kenne Bell '03 Cobra :D :burnout:

Actually, one of my friends frequents the Z06 forums. We were talking, and he mentioned that one of the guys posted that he raced the KB 03 at the track. He said that the Z06 waxed him. I am not sure what the mods were on the Z, but I'll ask my friend if he can dig up the post. My guess is that with all those ponies it was hard for our friend to get traction.

Users who are viewing this thread