Z06 VS 03 cobra video!

opticzo6

Established Member
OK I can talk trash on both sides becasue I have both cars, I was driving my cobra racing my friends 02 Z06. I had a 2.9 pulley, a k and n drop in filter and flowmaster 2.5 mufflers and 1000 miles on the clock. The Z had longtube headers, x-pipe,no cats, vararam filter and compuer tuning. I will tell you the trap speed were damn close but I made the cobra work that day.

Click below for video
http://www.ls1forums.com/videos/lesvs03cobra.mpg

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Nice choice of color on the Cobra! My '78 Ford Fairmont with a rod knocking would've owned 'em both but it blew up when my brother was driving it.

Pyro

Established Member
OpticZO6,

Do you have a chip to go with that 2.9" pulley? How about the idler pullies?

I have the flowmasters and the drop in K&N and I'm considering the 3.2" DUB pulley because I dont want to chip it yet. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

opticzo6

Established Member
Originally posted by Pyro
OpticZO6,

Do you have a chip to go with that 2.9" pulley? How about the idler pullies?

I have the flowmasters and the drop in K&N and I'm considering the 3.2" DUB pulley because I dont want to chip it yet. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

Pyro in the video I had a 2.95 pulley NO Chip a k and n and flowmasters, it worked perfect.

Pyro

Established Member
Pulley

Thanks opticzo6,

I assume by your race that you'd recommend the 2.95" pulley. I think I may go that route or at least the 3.1" and eventually get the chip later. I plan on getting the DUB kit so replacing the pulley should be a snap... Great Video!!

Also, have you had any evidence of belt slippage yet? Again, thanks for the help.

opticzo6

Established Member
I would go with the 2.95 pulley, it works fine with the car and no chip, my AF ratio was 12.3 and the engine was hot. When I put a chip inj it it gained 19 rwhp due to a new fuel curve and timing. Have fun.

opticzo6

Established Member
Originally posted by zxport3
If you listen carfully the Zo6 is great grandma shifting.

Grandma shifting I'll let him know that one, thats good, he only ran one tenth less than his best time that day. Les is his name and his traction control was left on in first, but our mph were the same all day.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by shanker
Nice choice of color on the Cobra! My '78 Ford Fairmont with a rod knocking would've owned 'em both but it blew up when my brother was driving it.

Um yeah well my '98 Cobra would have stomped them too so what's your point? You think your Dad can beat his Dad up?:rolleyes:

Sweet vid.

Users who are viewing this thread