Z06 vs 05+Gt vs 03 Cobra!!!

Tunedprt91

Established Member
Well tonight was a great night!! Met some people and made new friends, kicked some ass...and got my ass kicked!!:D (by the title I bet you know by who)

Well it started out with me just crusin around and I pulled into a gas station for I could find a cd. A guy in a 05+ GT vert pulls in and the guy goes inside. I found my cd but I waited to see if the guy wanted to have some fun or not. Well he pulls out and I follow and I notice him speeding up and not before long we are cruisin at 75mph. So I figure he wants to go and I pull up beside him and jump a little..he takes the bait....

1st run---We are going around 70 and he floors it. I hit it and instantly pull away from him. I only took it up to around 100 and when I let out I was about 2 1/2 cars ahead.

2nd run---Im behind him this time due to traffic. Once it clears up he hits it around 40mph. Im still behind him and get on it but I had to let off b/c I was about to run into the back of him:) but I got back in it and came around him and let out when I was a car ahead.

We pulled into a gas station and chatted and his car had mufflers, cai, and a tune. It was a 5spd and he had his top down. He was a cool guy.

I also got to chatt with a guy who had a 95 gt. Had cobra emblems and the cobra rims but he said the previous owner did it. I didnt run him but he was cool to talk to.

NOW FOR THE MAIN EVENT!!!!!:pepper: :bowdown: :pepper: :bowdown: :pop:

I was about to come out of a shopping complex and head home for the night. I had given up on getting a good run. I was about to make a left when a oxford white 03/04 cobra passed me. He downshifted and snorted at me and I guess you can say I TOOK THE BAIT:rolling: and I made the fastest right turn I ever have lol. I followed the guy into a gas station where we started to chat. Car is a 03 cobra and has a smaller pulley, cai, and exhaust putting 460rwhp. So he admits he snorted at me to get my attention and im glad he did. He told me he ran a mach1 over at presidents island(you know where if your from around here) and he ate him up once he caught traction. I told him about my runs but I was waiting for a good one. He told me he would love to do it but he cant get traction to which I gladly said what about a highway run??:D He said yea so we headed to the interstate where my fate was sealed......

1st run---going 60 and I had it in 3rd. He told me to go whenever. I punched it and he immediately jumped over half a car:dw: I was at the top of 3rd at around 100 and by this time he was about 2 1/2 cars out and pulling hard!! I went to bang 4th and it wouldnt go in:whine: . I let out and he still kept in it for a good bit.

2nd run--going at around 40 and I had it in 2nd. I hit it and the same things happens as the first run. He jumps out proceeds to rape me!! I hit third and my traction control kicked in. I stayed in it and I didnt let out until 140mph and by this time he was a football field away and still pulling!!!! If I was at 140 I dont know wth he was at.

We pull over at a rest area and chatt some more and Im shaking so bad by this time with adrenaline I couldnt stop moving!! We compliment eachothers cars some more. I told him about svtp and that he should come check this place out:pepper: And that I would be posting his kill/murder/rape/ of me in here lol. I ask which way he was headed and turns out we were goin back the same way:rockon: Time for some more runs!!!:pop:

3rd run--- Im at 60 again. I hit it and this time he doesnt jump out but instead we are side by side. I hit 4th and pull a little but not by much. We took it to 140 again and in the end he was a car and a half ahead:bowdown:

4th run---This is the closest one. Im at about 70 in third and hit it. He stays by my side again. I hit 4th and pull just a little. I hit 5th and he starts to pull on me and once again we let out at 140. I think he was about a car out on me.

We hit goodman and chatt a little while going like 15mph. He told me the first 2 runs he was in 2nd gear to my 3rd. So that explains the jump he got on me. The last two runs he was in 3rd like me. We talk a lil more and I remind him of the site and to make sure he gets on. We are in 1st gear and I guess he read my mind b/c we both punch it at the same time!! Both are cars are spinning wildly and all I could hear was his blower screaming in my ear!!!:rockon: :bowdown: We then both went our seperate ways but he has my number so we can go run them again:-D

Im hyped up b/c this was my first run with a cobra. Let alone a 03/04!!! That car was so f-in sick!! I was I had a camera so I could show you all the way his car pulled on me. I was left standing still. And the fact I know he had to reach atleast 150mph!! Hopefully he checks this place out and maybe even post in here:beer:

And one more thing...All you guys talking about the corvettes "superior" shape and curves...well it doesnt mean shit when your up against a car putting 460 to the wheels lol!!!!!!:rockon: :rockon:

Last edited:

Tunedprt91

Established Member
was able to get a pic before we left
img245qk2.jpg

img246rc9.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Good post, nice kills and deaths! I'm always pumped-up after having a few good runs, problem is I usually want more and more just like an addict.

sicfast

Established Member
i love blower whine, its just sex. dont mean to hi-jack, but i ran a C6 when i was pullied and won by about a car. the guy was cool about it and even tipped his hat at me. it was bitchin' :rockon:

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
This is a good thread and the main reason I check this section out.

Good read and thanks

Tunedprt91

Established Member
fstsnk1 said:
i love blower whine, its just sex. dont mean to hi-jack, but i ran a C6 when i was pullied and won by about a car. the guy was cool about it and even tipped his hat at me. it was bitchin' :rockon:

I saw a c6 lastnight but he wouldnt bite. i also saw another guy in a gt but he wouldnt bite either. I wanted to run that c6 so bad lol.

harrij081266

Established Member
This would be the owner of that smoking white chariot and I had a blast. I was a little worried with the posting of the 406HP on the side of the vette, not to mention if there were any mods done. We had a blast last night and I am sure we will get together again. Not sure if my car was running hotter than his or not, but the more we ran the less I began to pull. Nothing a Kenne Belle can't remedy. Better get me while the gettings good b/c by the end of the year I plan to be waxing just about anything I run up against. Goal is to get to 680 - 700 RWHP. Needless to say, bank account doesn't want to cooperate with me. Call you soon TunedPrt91

Tunedprt91

Established Member
harrij081266 said:
Hey, one other thing..., be careful on the rearend shots... PLATES...
Fixed em. Man glad you checked out the site! Cant wait to run you again. And bayarea my car has a k&n filter and predator tune. So basically stock:-D

BayareaSS

Established Member
Tunedprt91 said:
Fixed em. Man glad you checked out the site! Cant wait to run you again. And bayarea my car has a k&n filter and predator tune. So basically stock:-D
oh yea you are basically stock. Any future plans?

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I want to do just cam/headers/tune and leave it at that. Someday I want to be pushing atleast 400 or close to the wheels but not have a loud car with a nasty cam lope. That run made me want to get it done sooner though lol.

Users who are viewing this thread