Z06 vs LT1 Trans Am

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Now that the mullet mobile is gone, and I have now taken the new persona of “another one of those vette owners who cant drive their car”… I’ve been trying to stay true to the crowd of vehicle owners I’m a part of. I just ordered like 37 CORVETTE shirts, corvette boxers, a corvette wallet, corvette fold up chairs, a corvette hat… AND the infamous Corvette license plate frame. All the cool guys are doing it… Figured I’d follow them.

So I was out for a cruise mid afternoon around 2ish. I stumbled upon a black LT1 Trans Am. I came up on him and I noticed he had a aftermarket exhaust (which isn’t surprising…) . It sounded pretty good. As I got even with him, the driver looks over at me. I give him an evil eye since he wasn’t rocking the mullet. Way to break the f-body code… Ass hole…

I’m pretty sure he was an auto.. Since I didn’t hear a down shift and he just punched it and went. He got about a car up on me before I could down shift and reel him back in. We were doing about 55mph. I dropped it down to second and walked right past him. I’m assuming it was a bolt-on car. I doubt it had a cam or anything else done to it besides exhaust/CAI. You cant ever assume anything when racing another car.. I didn’t know if he had a bottle in it prior to the race or not.

He wanted to go again. I gave him the hit again… And just like before, I put a few bus lengths on him.

I’m ordering my LS7 clutch kit, American Racing catted headers, 2 QTP electric cutouts, Killerbee CAI, and a 100 shot for it next week. I plan on doing some damage this summer. lol. Maybe a cam too if I get spanked hard by something. I'm figuring out how to use my go pro camera.. But after I get it figured out, get ready for some sick HD videos. :beer:

Last edited:

bleedout

Established Member
damn, i hate when F-body owners dont rock the mullet..... maybe he had a Lynyrd Skynryd t-shirt on tho??? either way nice kill

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Before it was under construction it had well more than enough. When it's back out it'll have even more. Speed is addictive.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
RAPE... Nice kill...

I always rock the mullet.... last few days it's been mullet heaven with the t-tops off and leonard skynyrd blasting from the monsoon.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Before it was under construction it had well more than enough. When it's back out it'll have even more. Speed is addictive.

Didn't you make 380rwhp with a 3900lb car? A stock Z06 should still have that covered unless I'm retarded. :shrug:
Do you have any track times??

Last edited:

99_venum

SVT Madness
Established Member
Now that the mullet mobile is gone, and I have now taken the new persona of “another one of those vette owners who cant drive their car”… I’ve been trying to stay true to the crowd of vehicle owners I’m a part of. I just ordered corvette boxers, TMI

I’m ordering my LS7 clutch kit, American Racing catted headers, 2 QTP electric cutouts, Killerbee CAI, and a 100 shot for it next week. I plan on doing some damage this summer. lol. Maybe a cam too if I get spanked hard by something. I'm figuring out how to use my go pro camera.. But after I get it figured out, get ready for some sick HD videos. :beer:

Be sure to get some tires to go with all that. Then you'll be running in the 10's, after you put the cam in :rockon:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
Good work mike. I see you are not regretting trading your mullet for gold chains and old balls.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
damn, i hate when F-body owners dont rock the mullet..... maybe he had a Lynyrd Skynryd t-shirt on tho??? either way nice kill

He was too cool for that stuff... If only he knew... If he lived in a trailer park with that whip and had a mullet, he'd be the king of that place and get all the bitches... I know this from experience.

Bring that sorry shitbox down here and you'll be putting the cam in quick. LOL jk.

Sorry buck-o... I dont race things that weigh as much as big rigs. :lol1:

RAPE... Nice kill...

I always rock the mullet.... last few days it's been mullet heaven with the t-tops off and leonard skynyrd blasting from the monsoon.

Atta boy!! :beer:

Be sure to get some tires to go with all that. Then you'll be running in the 10's, after you put the cam in :rockon:

Thats the plan.. I'm gonna get a knock off set of Z06 wheels and mount some DR's on them.

Good work mike. I see you are not regretting trading your mullet for gold chains and old balls.

Not at all... Best decision I've ever made... :beer:

burnzilla

Established Member
The Vette's are killers on highways.
Even a heads/cam LT1 pushing similar numbers wouldn't change much considering your weight to power still wins.

However an LT1 with power similar to yours and good traction could take you/run you from a dig in the 1/4.
You can make LTX motors keep up at higher speeds but they need some love first. :)

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I disagree. I had a '95Z28 for several years. Went through the usual bolt ons then put a bottle on it. Eventually ended up with a 396 stroker and the bottle, 12 bolt rear, etc. Strong running car. The LT1's don't have the potential the LS engines do but when done right they can be fast.

Users who are viewing this thread