Z28 vs C6

16kOrBust

Established Member
I know they aren't Fords, but figured I'd post up for those who like kill stories in general.

The other night I ran into a clean blue C6 vert with an older guy driving, wife in the car. I had my girlfriend in my car. I was behind him and pulled up next to him after turning onto a two lane road with no one around. I kept it in second up into the powerband as I got next to him and gave it a quick jump to let him know I wanted to play. He looked over at me and punched it, I quickly followed and start to pull but he must have missed a gear because he immediately stopped and stayed way back for a while. I figured he was done so I just kept to the speed limit for the next mile, quite disappointed.

All of a sudden he catches up to me, but he doesn't look at me, he just punched it from about a 40 roll and went through a few gears. He let off and I sped up to catch him confused at this point, but just as I was getting next to him again we both hit a red light.

He still won't look at me, and his wife won't either, but he does the inch forward quickly and gets ready to launch when the other light turned yellow, so I was totally ready. Light goes green and I hear his tires chirp so I launch it, quite perfectly for the cold weather I might add, and jump out close to a car on him before I short shift to second knowing that my traction won't hold in the cold. I had a very quick and clean shift to second and grabbed traction at WOT in second. I proceeded to put another car to car and a half on him by the time I let off at the top of second (no one around that I could see, but not the best spot to race).

I was psyched because I've been wanting to race a C6 for a while and this race went really well for me. I was worried about the traction since it's so cold, but the Nittos actually help up for once . Guy seemed like the type who figured he had an unstoppable 400hp Vette and couldn't be beat, but wasn't happy when he lost. He turned down the first side street we came to after the race and never caught up to me.

Sorry for the long story, but I was psyched.

Last edited:

evo connevo

Established Member
Nice kill. I bet he was surprised to see you pull him. Tires seem to be doing decent if you don't spin from 30-40mph too, especially in this weather.

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
Awesome kill. I bet you are psyched about that. What are you mods??? Do you think it was mostly you outdriving him or mods or a combo of both??? cool and nice kill.

C6 Vette

Established Member
Awesome kill. I bet you are psyched about that. What are you mods??? Do you think it was mostly you outdriving him or mods or a combo of both??? cool and nice kill.

Well, I think his mod list would have to be no less than Long Tube headers,mid-pipe,Lid, and Tune to run close with a C6... His tires were the deciding factor in this race that edged him out on the dig race.I would still give the edge to a six speed C6 on a roll race over a bolt-on F-body as long as one of the bolt-ons does'nt include a stall.........Frequently ppl will go up against a C6 and edge one out and little do they know it could have been a 2005 C6 A4 which typically run 2-3 tenths slower than the A6/manuals... Nice kill!!

BayareaSS

Established Member
Good Kill PSM. I've surprised a few c6's in my bolt on car. Seems like the c6's i have ran into want to just run away. I stay right on their ass and i think they are surprised they didn't leave me

BayareaSS

Established Member
Well, I think his mod list would have to be no less than Long Tube headers,mid-pipe,Lid, and Tune to run close with a C6... His tires were the deciding factor in this race that edged him out on the dig race.I would still give the edge to a six speed C6 on a roll race over a bolt-on F-body as long as one of the bolt-ons does'nt include a stall.........Frequently ppl will go up against a C6 and edge one out and little do they know it could have been a 2005 C6 A4 which typically run 2-3 tenths slower than the A6/manuals... Nice kill!!

PSM has 400hp 367tq so he should pull any ls2 c6.

C6 Vette

Established Member
PSM has 400hp 367tq so he should pull any ls2 c6.

Maybe he should give us a little insight on his mod list and include it in his sig, because to get 400(whp?) would take more than a "couple mods"...He is either running a cam/nitrious......lol, yes that is a couple mods, but you get my meaning...

Last edited:

Jockcobra