Zaino Fest!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Today my brother, a neighbor and I did our three vehicles. 2002 Denali XL (huge) my brother's A6 4.2 Quattro and my 03 Cobra. Claybar'd the 1st 2 and Z2'd all. The Denali's Deep Forest Green metallic really popped. My neighbor said it looked better than when he picked it up from the dealership. My Brother A6 is a metalic taupe, more brown than my mineral gray and it had a really deep luster. I converted my brother to Zymol 3yrs. ago. Now i think he and my neighbor will be ordering Zaino. Does anyone know how Zaino does on fiberglass? My neighbor is thinking about doing his boat. :beer:

Elliotness

Established Member
Originally posted by OH3Cobra
Today my brother, a neighbor and I did our three vehicles. 2002 Denali XL (huge) my brother's A6 4.2 Quattro and my 03 Cobra. Claybar'd the 1st 2 and Z2'd all. The Denali's Deep Forest Green metallic really popped. My neighbor said it looked better than when he picked it up from the dealership. My Brother A6 is a metalic taupe, more brown than my mineral gray and it had a really deep luster. I converted my brother to Zymol 3yrs. ago. Now i think he and my neighbor will be ordering Zaino. Does anyone know how Zaino does on fiberglass? My neighbor is thinking about doing his boat. :beer:

Ive heard about this product.. How long does it take to get your order processed. I'm thinking about ordering some for my 03 (Don't have it yet). I don't want to wait to long I want to have the Zaino before the car arrives.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Re: Re: Zaino Fest!

Originally posted by Elliotness

Ive heard about this product.. How long does it take to get your order processed. I'm thinking about ordering some for my 03 (Don't have it yet). I don't want to wait to long I want to have the Zaino before the car arrives.

Sal Zaino processes the orders very fast, and take a personal check which is convenient.

Ecklers sells it at a markup, but processes even faster. www.ecklers.com

It is great stuff - I have 4 coats on the Cobra - the only complaint I have is that the stuff you prep it with, and use once, comes in an 8 oz. bottle. Hell, one bottle of it could probably satisfy everyone on the Forum. It should come in a 4 oz or smaller.

wst125

Established Member
This is a dumb question but I will ask it anyways. Are all new Fords finished in clear coat? I was filling out my order form from Zaino and I didn't know if I should have chosen the polish for clear coat or the one for paint finishes.

lifter213

Established Member
Zaino does rule :thumbsup: I use it on my car now and i love the results. One reason i ordered the Black Cobra is just so i could Zaino it and really make it shine. As soon as i get it i'm going to use a claybar on it then slap some Zaino on :D

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
highly recommend doing the claybar 1st. My car showed up with 3.9 miles and the claybar still took out plenty of dirt and grime. t

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
I'm a recent convert, never had such a great shine so easily. And I have to second the claybar comments, I only thought the finish was smooth until I clayed it. :eek: Wow what a difference.

RingTheory

Established Member
I too am a recent convert to Zaino. On my former vehicles, I would use 3M Hand Glaze followed by Meguiar's. I would get the swirlies within 8 months. This might have something to do with the amount of pressure needed to remove the product from the paint.

With Zaino, I've noticed that it goes on easily, and it comes off with little pressure to the vehicle surface. It takes me about 15 minutes to apply the polish to the entire vehicle. Wait an hour to remove...and it comes off in about 20 minutes. But I splurge just a bit and put some Z6 right after...it just smells so d*mn good. :)

I am able to purchase the products locally from a distributor. My orders usually take 15-20 hours from order to delivery...no markup from Zainobros' website.

The claybar took out some really nasty bird dropping stains from my ML...they make a great product, no doubt.

Users who are viewing this thread