Zaino=Great customer service

Gumball

Established Member
I jumped on the Zaino bandwagon in the late fall while waiting for my car to come in. Between the wait for the car and the crappy weather I never bothered to open the box. I finally cracked open the box Monday night to see what they sent. To my surprise the Z7 wash bottle was damaged at the bottom. I sent off an email Tuesday to Zaino asking what I should do. Guess what just came UPS...a new Z7!! I never asked him to overnight it. As a matter of fact, I never asked him for a replacement.

With all the stories of shitty dealers and bad service, I just thought I'd pass along my experience with some one who clearly stands behind their stuff.:beer:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Let us know what you think after you apply it.

I've still never tried Zaino even though I've been close to pulling the trigger 3 times.

lxtacy

I used Zaino Polish & the ZFX on my 01 True blue. It works great! Easy to apply, easy to come off. After taking off the polish, I went over the car with Zaino's version of the mist & wipe, and the car looked absolutely flawless. I have since got 3 friends on the Zaino wagon, now they swear by it. Great stuff, good luck!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hey Gumball, that is great. Haven't talked to you recently. Hope all is well. I've used Zaino in the past and like it. I will probably be using on my Cobra come Spring. You're not polishing your car now, are you?

P.S. I'm still deciding on how to get my car from the dealer home when it shows up in a week or so. I thought about flat-bedding it like you did but unless it is covered it's going to get dirty anyway because of the dirt on the side roads. There's no way to wash it once it arrives at the house. Maybe a warm weather pattern will visit us around that time.

FordFreak4Life

Established Member
I first starting using Zaino products last year on my 02 Silver Lightning. Works great and looks even better! You will not be disappointed! That's all I use now!

Gumball

Established Member
From all I've heard in the past, I'm sure it's going to work great.

Bob, I've actually been thinking about washing it. If I could only figure out a way to keep the h2o from freezing. I was just going to run a hose from a sink in the basement and run warm water thru it, then back it into the garage to finish. Right now it's covered in dust and looks like shit.

I thought about the same thing with the flatbed but it actually stayed pretty clean on the way home. Anything's got to be better than driving it. Not to mention the risk of a rock kicking up and screwing up the paint.

I'm still shocked Zaino overnighted me the Z7!

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

I've still never tried Zaino even though I've been close to pulling the trigger 3 times.

Zaino is the best stuff I've EVER used.

Beats the pants out of normal wax.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
You have to log in to search.

Any links to the relavent info instead?

4D THNDR

Established Member
Originally posted by slythetove

Open the bolt, drop in a cartridge, close the bolt, flick off the safety, pull that trigger. If you use wax on your blue Cobra when it yellows(like carnubas do in the sun) it will give your car a different color. The thing that sold me on the Zaino was a buddy's Atlantic Blue Cobra. Always looked aqua or greenish blue, didn't much care for it. He used Zaino on it and restored the original color. Looked just like the water in the Gulf Stream offshore, awesome. Make sure you strip off all the old wax though. Check Zaino's website for pointers.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I've decided to pull the trigger after (re) reading all that info. :-D

Of course I'll wait a couple months for warm weather, but I'll be trying it in March or so, and I'll be sure to share impressions having been a LONG time Meguiars user and a fanatical detailer for my cars.

I spend 8+ hours on it sometimes anyways, so it won't matter to me if it takes a while. I enjoy it.

Thanks for the helpful push guys.

OverToad

Established Member
Sly, before you spend the initial $75, you'll get to see mine. I've not seen a Meguiars car in several years, so maybe the difference won't be worth it to you.
Let me get my car back from Leif, and you can see if it's worth it.

(although, truthfully, I don't remember ever having a car look this nice, even though my '97 'vert was Black)

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Cool. Also Robb wants to check out my springs, so hopefully if the weather is nice in the next couple weeks we'll all get together and compare. :)

JSHTROD

Established Member
Originally posted by 4D THNDR
The thing that sold me on the Zaino was a buddy's Atlantic Blue Cobra.

I agree. Especially after a fresh application of gloss enhancer, and a coat of Z2. Under bright lights you'd swear the sea was changing colors.

:thumbsup:

Unfortunately, Zaino makes a less substantial difference on the Silver 03. :(

Users who are viewing this thread