ZAINO help! White Vinegar to remove water spots OK?

venams03

Established Member
OK,

Just washed car in dawn, clay bar, and wash in dawn again.

Ready to start polishing. There are just some very small water spots throughout car. EDZ had replied on my previous post to use White Vinegar soaked rag, wipe down with clean cloth. Is white vinegar the same as the cooking "Distilled White Vinegar" and is it safe to put on the paint? Won't the small spots be removed by applying and removing the Z5 polish??

help! I'd like to start ZAINO ing....!

lifter213

Established Member
Zaino will not remove water spots. You will either have to use some Z6 (gloss enhancer) or just rewash those certain spots. Maybe just wet your chamois and wipe over those spots.

I wouldnt put white vinegar on my car to get them off.

Cobra'03

Established Member
Vinegar is safe - and whatever the name, white vinegar is white vinegar. You need to get it on water spots quickly, since the base solution of the vinegar offsets the acidic component of a water spot, while working to free the calcium and other hard water deposits in the water spot.

If the spots do not disappear, you will need to use a more aggressive cleaner, using mild abrasives. if you are not experienced, it might be best to let a professional prepare your car, then do the dish detergent, then apply your Zaino.

I have not found that Z6 works well to fill swirls. Meguair's #9 followed by #7 or #5 work better for me.

Cobra'03

Established Member
The dish detergent suggestion was in the context of the post - if it needed to be buffed, you then use dish detergent to remove all traces of silicone and wax, then Zaino - just as Sal Zaino recommends. After thsat, of course you are correct - detergents are too alkaline to use without stripping the wax or polish.

tammy

Established Member
The Dawn is recommended by Zanio bros to strip your car of any prev waxes and polishes this is why he used it i feel sure.

Cobra 03 we posted almost at the same time.LOL

SB 03

Established Member
sorry, wasn't aware of thisk, I was told never to use dish soap detergent to wash my car:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread