Zaino with a Porter Cable??

04BlckCOBRA

Zaino User
Established Member
Can you use Zaino Z5 with a porter cable?? I buying poorboys SSR soon, but i wanted to know if you apply Zaino with a porter cable

DAN MCGRAW

It will be very hard taking it off, even if you use the finnishing pad. I called Zaino and they said not to use it.

04BlckCOBRA

Zaino User
Established Member
im goin to to ssr from you and some other polish what pads should i get from you? And tell me what each pad is for

Scott P

Established Member
04BlckCOBRA said:
im goin to to ssr from you and some other polish what pads should i get from you? And tell me what each pad is for

I would go with SR2.5 initially and possibly SSR1 for a final polish. I would use a polishing (white) pad first and then step up to something more aggressive with the swirls are not coming out. A green orange or even yellow pad would be enough to get them out.

If you do step up to a cutting pad, be sure to follow up with SSR2.5 on a polishing pad to remove any hazing that was a result of the cutting pad.

Scott P

Established Member
smoke-u said:
It will be very hard taking it off, even if you use the finnishing pad. I called Zaino and they said not to use it.

Sal also says not to use microfiber towels. Plenty of folks have used the PC and MF towels with Zaino over the years. It doesn't make it hard to take off. The key to Zaino is thin coats. Using a PC really elps get those good thin coats.

DAN MCGRAW

Scott P said:
Sal also says not to use microfiber towels. Plenty of folks have used the PC and MF towels with Zaino over the years. It doesn't make it hard to take off. The key to Zaino is thin coats. Using a PC really elps get those good thin coats.[/Q
I had no luck with the PC. You can Zaino your car just as fast by hand.

agentf1

Established Member
It can be done but it is a waste of time and product. It is best applied by hand. The paint should be properly prepped first with a polish like Menzerna FPII or 3m ssr 39009. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread