Zaino

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have used Zaino, and have used it a bunch, and I won't use it any more. It does alright and all. It is easy to put on and take off, but considereing that it recommends at least 3 coats that idea is quickly put away. I have also noticed that it does not leave the car with as deep of a gloss as some other cheaper products. Last year I did half of my hood with Zaino 2 with ZFX, and the other half with McGuires Gold class, and the Gold class was much deeper and shinier, and after 1 month of weather and washing the MCguires was beeding up much better than the zaino. I had one guy tell me that this is because I was not using the product properly and should recoat about once a month. WTF, the whole purpose of a wax is so I can cut down on maintenance time. Awe yeah, and before I did Zaino I dawned claybared and dawned again, so you can't say that the surface of the car had impurities on it keeping the Zaino from bonding.

tv's 03

Established Member
Man, Zaino is some of the longest lasting stuff I have ever used. My 01 had it on from the original owner. I went over a year and the car still beaded water. I then did another 3 coats last summer...amazing depth and gloss.

You do have to build it up, but once you do it will outlast and outshine anything

I am sold on it

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Dude, I did build it up Last year i used one whole bottle of Z-2 with ZFX over the course of spring summer and fall. I am not saying it doesn't last, but as compared to some of the other waxes it does not hold up as well.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
One coat of Zaino on my car will bead water for probably 4 months or more as long as I wash my car with the Zaino car wash soap.

Hissman, are you washing with the Zaino soap, or are you using something with harsher detergents that are removing the Zaino?

tv's 03

Established Member
Hissman, I do use car wash and not detergent, do you? I don't used zaino car wash.

By the way I used Gold Class before zaino. Its a great over the counter product. I like it. But it does not last very long imho. Its weird but your results are the opposite of mine.

But its cool, you shared your experience and I shared mine.

FKing1

Established Member
www.zainobros.com. Can buy by mail or ask for name of a local distributor. Have used Zaino polish on my Yellow 00 Vette for 3 years and it is the best polish I have found in over 40 years. Intend to put it on my Mystichrome soon as warm enough.
Fred K.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Heck, I busted out my '04 on the first somewhat nice day I could to do the following:

Dawn wash
Clay bar (car was suprisingly clean, next to nothing on the bar)
Zaino wash
3 coats of Z2 with 2 coats of Z6

Then it was time to put it back in the garage.
Now I have snow on the ground around here, blah

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Yes I used the Zaino car wash. I even used the Gloss enhancer every chance I got. Maybe it is where I live..Chemical Fallout is a biatch, and non-synthetic waxes hold up better in harsh environments.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Quick question. I am having a debate with someone else. Is your applicator damp with water when you are applying Zaino or dry?

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman
Quick question. I am having a debate with someone else. Is your applicator damp with water when you are applying Zaino or dry?

Dry as a bone here... no water at all.

Blue Magic

Established Member
Same here like tv's 03! I used Meguiars for years,but when I switched to Zaino WOW! Lasted Way longer. Even with the "Hell above ground" summers here, nasty salt mineral water,it has been the best so far. Did a comparison with a guy from work who swore that nothing was better than Zymol.He saw my car and couldn't believe the shine and smoothness.So, 79KTs03, try it, see what you think,by the way what color is your car? I know this works great on Sonic Blue!:coolman:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Originally posted by Hissman

I wet mine, wring it out good then hit it with a shot of Z6. Then the Z2 (or whatever you are using) goes on smooth as silk.

Also keep in mind all that a little goes a long way. I can get at least 2 coats out of a ounce on my Cobra & less than 1 ounce to do my wife's F150.

Here's a pic after I finished the wifes ride.
gallery3256.jpg

Gotta love a Z shine on black.:coolman:

Last edited:

sonic cobra

Established Member
Seems to me I read somewhere to use the Z06 spray to moisten the applicator and thats what I've been doing .love the results, especially the smooth as glass finish. I've had people ask where I got the custom paint job.

Cobra-Master

Established Member
Originally posted by sonic cobra
Seems to me I read somewhere to use the Z06 spray to moisten the applicator and thats what I've been doing .love the results, especially the smooth as glass finish. I've had people ask where I got the custom paint job.

That's a great idea, I'm going to do that from now on.

03SoCalCobra

HIGH PSI 03
Established Member
Huntington Beach, CA (h), Culver City (w)
The Gold Class is a great product, but it's chief problem IMHO is that it contains a lot of silicons to give it a really shiny appearence. The bad is that it attracts a lot more dirt and dust, so the car gets dirty faster. IMHO their professional (tan bottle) line is better. Not quite as shiny and more work, but lasts longer with a more consistant shine over a longer period of time.

I use Zaino now and love it. On the 03 it still beads like new after 3 months. On the 91 LX it's all but gone after 3 months. The Cobra is hand washed with Zaino soap and occasional trips through 100% touchless car washes and spends the vast majority of its parked time in the garage or underground parking. The LX is the opposite- mostly car washes of all types; about 40% with the Zaino wash, and spends the majority of its time outside.

So Zaino is more work and it will last a LONG time if you take care of it.

davidmax

Established Member
we sell Zaino at great prices/480-517-4969,another great wax is eagle 1 I used it on my dark red Ferrari and you can see miles into the finih.It Looked so good in Xtremes lot people were taking pictures of it yesterday right after the coat of Eagle ,I have a young man that I even trust my more expensve cars with,just remembered gotta put a coat on the Beast Stang/Mineral Grey shines up real nice,Dave SmilovicFor the complete Zaino line call 480-517-4969

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Dame David...life is good...Ferrari, cobra and vettes oh my:beer: :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread