Zex Nitrous question

5.0Aurora

Hey all new to the forums and have a question for anyone with knowledge with the Zex nitrous kit for the 2011 coyotes.

I bought the kit and want to run it with the MSD window switch, but any time I arm the system even out of the rpm window the Zex NMU chatters like crazy, I had the NMU learn the WOT before hooking up the window switch and it works fine like that, but as soon as the window switch is introduced it goes nuts.

Currently wired up as shown below.

Red wire from the Zex NMU, Msd window switch and toggle switch are wired into #86 on a relay
Yellow wire on Msd window switch wired to #85
White wire on Zex NMU wired to #87
White wire to TPS wired to #30
Toggle switch grounded to frame, Zex NMU grounded to frame, MSD window switch grounded to frame.
Gray wire on Msd window switch taped off.
White wire on Msd window switch wired to Tach signal and getting rpm reading.

If anyone has any helpful tips I would appreciate it.
Thanks.

5.0Aurora

Using this diagram.
wiringforzex.jpg

clinton2003

Established Member
so from what i see here , your window switch yellow wire is a ground, that is going through a hobbs switch (assuming it has to see 2psi or something like that) which then allows solenoid to activate, allowing the zex to see wot and activate.

if its going on/off a lot maybe you dont have enough power/ground coming from the msd. i'd bypass the windows switch and put a temporary dedicated ground to the solenoid to see if that fixes your issue.

may also bypass hobbs switch, see if that makes any differnence.

to troubleshoot, i'd first bypass hobbs, then have a friend give thorttle until desired rpm, and have your hand on the solenoid, see if solenoid is cycling fast. if it is, it probably needs a stronger ground. or a smaller solenoid.

if its not cycling, test hobbs switch, could be faulty or too high of boost pressure.

5.0Aurora

so from what i see here , your window switch yellow wire is a ground, that is going through a hobbs switch (assuming it has to see 2psi or something like that) which then allows solenoid to activate, allowing the zex to see wot and activate.

if its going on/off a lot maybe you dont have enough power/ground coming from the msd. i'd bypass the windows switch and put a temporary dedicated ground to the solenoid to see if that fixes your issue.

may also bypass hobbs switch, see if that makes any differnence.

to troubleshoot, i'd first bypass hobbs, then have a friend give thorttle until desired rpm, and have your hand on the solenoid, see if solenoid is cycling fast. if it is, it probably needs a stronger ground. or a smaller solenoid.

if its not cycling, test hobbs switch, could be faulty or too high of boost pressure.

I tried by passing the msd and running just the nitrous nmu off the switch and it worked properly. So the switch is good. The NMU is the solenoid and is grounded also as shown in the diagram in the 2nd post.

clinton2003

Established Member
im talking your ground trigger from the MSD. it may not be a good enough ground, or the hobbs switch may not be allowing it to get a good connection. those need to be tested separately.

As in take out hobbs switch, hook yellow ground trigger from MSD directly to relay. and test

then take hobbs switch, and test

5.0Aurora

im talking your ground trigger from the MSD. it may not be a good enough ground, or the hobbs switch may not be allowing it to get a good connection. those need to be tested separately.

As in take out hobbs switch, hook yellow ground trigger from MSD directly to relay. and test

then take hobbs switch, and test

Okay I get what your saying now! I will try that today when I get home.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread