Zex Nitrous users....??

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
lightninmike said:

That's right pal. Lock up your daughters. :)

stangd1909 said:
Post alot of pics when done....LOL I have been thinking about getting this kit. How hard has it been to install???

Not hard at all. It's just been tedious. I did a Zex Wet kit with bottle heater, bottle opener, purge, nitrous pressure and fuel pressure gauges, so the plumbing and wiring has taken some time. I don't consider myself great at wiring so I like to take my time and do it nice & neat. Pics tonight hopefully.

98RICKSTANG said:
how much of a shot are you going with?abd is that dry or wet?

Wet 55 shot. :rockon:

98RICKSTANG

Banned
so just a little shot to cool the s/c. right. were are you going to pur the bottle. in the bed. its to bad the dont make diff shapes of bottles in sted of just round.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I took these right when I mounted it, A couple months ago...

3-16006-copy.jpg

3-16009-copy.jpg

I'm finally getting to the point where stuff is coming together.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Ebay. It's not original. I stole the idea from I'D WIN. He actually accuses me of stealing his pics, 'cause it looks just like his setup.

bluespringsbolt

Established Member
Looks good. Been looking at that kit a little. In case i missed it from an earlier post, what are you're current mods, and what changes do the 50-wet require? Like for the 4lb guys that already have say tr-6's do you need to go even cooler? On a nitrous tune, how does our tuner know when to pull timing when its not always a constant at WOT? I see where the wet seems more popular on our trucks but I'm still confused how its accurate or distributed at all even (wet through plenum)? Thanks for additional info on you're set-up. :beer:

2000L

bluespringsbolt said:
Looks good. Been looking at that kit a little. In case i missed it from an earlier post, what are you're current mods, and what changes do the 50-wet require? Like for the 4lb guys that already have say tr-6's do you need to go even cooler? On a nitrous tune, how does our tuner know when to pull timing when its not always a constant at WOT? I see where the wet seems more popular on our trucks but I'm still confused how its accurate or distributed at all even (wet through plenum)? Thanks for additional info on you're set-up. :beer:

The TR6's have been great for me. Ive sprayed anywhere from a 50 to a 100 shot on them with a 6lb lower. Never burnt one. Stock block.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
i've got the same kit and running a 55shot also...i'm running br7's....next time at the track will be the first time i test it. :p

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I'm the same story as Chiz.

No pics of the install tonight. I blew the engine in my new John Deere so I'm kinda cranky and don't feel like finishing the switches. Grass is long and I can't do it so I'm bummed. Oh well it's time for a beer.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
psp plate:
zexcomplete005.jpg

pic from pass side:
zexcomplete004.jpg

bottle mounted, which brings me a question to chris..why didn't you mount the bottle towards the cab? i think i remeber someone saying that it would have an effect on drawing nitrous up the feed inside the bottle, since it is liquid inside??? might want to do a search on, chris:

PicsL006.jpg

front of truck:
6a6ec2e5.jpg

drivers side:
6a6ec2e5.jpg

soniclightning

Established Member
I went with the stealth install. I painted my zex box and the purge solenoid black and mounted the box behind the supercharger. If you don't know what to look for you can't even tell I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread