Zex NOS System

bigcap33

Banned
I just bought the Zex NOS system and only plan on using for a 50 shot. Any experience with this kit good or bad?? I also bought the purge system and bottle warmer.

6 LB Lower, SBTB, Dynomax Longtubes, High Flow Cats, Flowmaster Cat Back, K&N CAI, MAFIA, Oil Sep, New NGK Spark Plugs, Diablo Tune, Plenum Upper, 180 Therm, Lakewood Bolt On Traction Bars, Valve Body Improver.

The pro tune will be placed on the dyno and done will the Nitrous system is installed.:banana:

Last edited:

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Youll see a pretty good gain with a 50 shot. N2O on a boosted application will give you a great improvement. Youll probably make more than 50hp more, and its basically torque in a bottle, as if our trucks need any more.

I'D WIN

Established Member
I netted 8 tenths in the 1/4 on a 75shot with my ZEX kit. Regardless of what setup I go with or how much power, with the blower I will always be spraying. Even a small 25 shot will help. Torque in a bottle ^ like mentioned!

bamaRed

BAMA-LOC
Established Member
i use the zex wet kit on my mach1, but its rated at the flywheel. i have a 150 shot set up in the mach1, and got only 100hp,105 tq gain. but i think most of that is do to the TUNER. im still waiting on going some where else to have it checked.

but, good luck with your set up, and like they say, TQ in a bottle.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
A ZEX NOS kit???? Do you mean a Zex NITROUS kit? NOS is a brand. :poke:

I'm fixing to start jugging mine. I gonna spray about 50-75 shot on mine.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
i use the zex wet kit on my mach1, but its rated at the flywheel. i have a 150 shot set up in the mach1, and got only 100hp,105 tq gain. but i think most of that is do to the TUNER. im still waiting on going some where else to have it checked.

but, good luck with your set up, and like they say, TQ in a bottle.

That about right for a ZEX kit. I've used just about every kit out there on my mustangs. The ZEX kit uses a 54 pill for a 125 shot and NX and Nitrous works uses a 59 pill for 125 shot. ZEX rates there power at the crank and NX and Nitrous Works rates theres at the wheels. Nitrous Oxide Systems rates thers at the crank also.

shamrock216

Established Member
Is it a "wet" system? How much was it? I dont know too much about nitrous but i've been interested and might eventually add it to my truck.

How are you going to have it set up to spray? Just a switch or will it be set to spray at a certain RPM?

bigcap33

Banned
The kit will have to be armed and then will only kick in at WOT. It is a wet system and only plan on using a 50 shot. The kit, purge system and heater was about 800.00

capt1515

I WANA GO FAST !
Established Member
So my question is : Is what is better wet or dry ? My thought is on the wet kit you spray fuel through the blower, I just feel alittle un easy about raw fuel going through a hot spining blower. It just seams its kinda a grenade waiting to go off, anyone have any thoughts about that ?

shamrock216

Established Member
The kit will have to be armed and then will only kick in at WOT. It is a wet system and only plan on using a 50 shot. The kit, purge system and heater was about 800.00

Sounds like a very safe set-up! Im willing to bet that after you have it on the truck for awhile you will want to switch to a 100 shot or even higher:coolman:

Maybe one day I will have more money than I know what to do with and I'll pick up a kit!

Users who are viewing this thread