Ziebart GUNK removal!

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I'm contemplating purchasing a black '04 Cobra with low, low miles. This car is cherry, except for the engine bay which looks like it is primer. I guess cheap ass Ziebart over sprayed it while applying the "Diamond Gloss" treatment (don't ask why the guy took it to Ziebart...).

Anyway, I scratched a little off with my finger, but there's a lot. Would I be better off taking it and having it fully detailed, or is there a preferred method to effectively remove this crap? It seems like it's going to be a pain in the ass so I'm not sure what to do if I get it... :dw:

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
I would think probably a steam cleaner. That stuff is murder to lift.

Lol is it worth even buying the car? I hate to pass up on such a nice car because of Ziebart gunk, but it sounds like it's going to be pretty hard to remove.

filthymcnasty

Established Member
Lol is it worth even buying the car? I hate to pass up on such a nice car because of Ziebart gunk, but it sounds like it's going to be pretty hard to remove.

THIS!

The first two things I look at when I spot a car I want is whether or not the front bumper has been drilled for a license plate bracket and whether or not the thing's been undercoated with crap. If so, I don't care how many miles it has on it, I walk.

There are too many other cars out there right now that are just as nice without the aggravation of having to deal with removing that goo.

leftysmoke

SNK B1TE
Established Member
THIS!

The first two things I look at when I spot a car I want is whether or not the front bumper has been drilled for a license plate bracket and whether or not the thing's been undercoated with crap. If so, I don't care how many miles it has on it, I walk.

There are too many other cars out there right now that are just as nice without the aggravation of having to deal with removing that goo.

Lol you sound like me. People might call me over meticulous, but for the cash you're putting out for one of these cars, you should at least be able to drive away with a clean engine bay and no holes in the bumper. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread