ZL1 vs. Trackhawk.....

LS WUT

Established Member
They’re bad ass for sure. Skip to 14:13 to see the race. The rest of talking about rules and other lame shit. Think I’ve come to the conclusion of a ZL1 over a GT350.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
They’re bad ass for sure. Skip to 14:13 to see the race. The rest of talking about rules and other lame shit. Think I’ve come to the conclusion of a ZL1 over a GT350.
I think id take that ZL1 over a GT500 or Redeye Hellcat. Maybe not the Demon 170 tho.... Things pretty dope going 8's already with a good tire.

Just something about a car that handles so incredibly well yet eats up other cars that are only good from digs. Its not like its a light weight car either....

Starting to see why Klaus likes these things so much.

LS WUT

Established Member
I think id take that ZL1 over a GT500 or Redeye Hellcat. Maybe not the Demon 170 tho.... Things pretty dope going 8's already with a good tire.

Just something about a car that handles so incredibly well yet eats up other cars that are only good from digs. Its not like its a light weight car either....

Starting to see why Klaus likes these things so much.
They’re insane for sure. I tried to tell my bestfriend to get one. He got the C7 Z06 instead which I understand. However they’re so bad ass. Ideally I’d like to have a trackhawk also, but I think I’m gonna stick with my hellcat charger.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member

I was dead set on a S550 GT500 but wanted a stick. Also the GT500s are such pigs, which is something I hated about the hellcat.

The ZLE is the best of all worlds IMO. Absolute track weapon but does very well on the strip, too. It is a cross between a gt 350r and a gt 500 but with better attributes of both. Even though my ZR1 is much faster the ZL1 is rowdier and more raw. The ZR1 feels slow when it is going fast, the ZL1 feels fast when it is going slow.

If you are thinking of getting one be sure to think hard about whether you want a drag car vs a track car. If drag car get a normal zl1 with 10A. If track get the zle with 6M. Although not a go cart like a c5z the zle is nimble AF.

Also note that there has been a lot of progress on available fueling mods since these came out. The TooHighPSI port system lets you bypass all the highside/lowside bullshit. With proper fueling >1000 hp is easy and the LT4 SBE is stout AF.

High 8s are no prob with an f1a/twins/2650. Shit, you can run high 8s on the stock blower. Airflow is incredible on these - I did not do any cooling mods when I ran a ported stock blower and IATs are very stable. Compare to the same blower in the c7z, that ****er needs 11 heat exchangers LOL.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
sledgehammer and scalpel wrapped up in one vs wind-up toy

bang for buck, it is tough to beat the Z

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Freaking dope ass platform! That was a good write up Klaus I didnt realize they could go 8's so easily but after watching them torch a few fast Tarckhawks it doesnt surprise me.

It just looks awesome to. I have sold my Redeye now and bought another Tarckhawk to DD but I still got my eye of one of them ZL1's not gonna lie.....

I was dead set on a S550 GT500 but wanted a stick. Also the GT500s are such pigs, which is something I hated about the hellcat.

The ZLE is the best of all worlds IMO. Absolute track weapon but does very well on the strip, too. It is a cross between a gt 350r and a gt 500 but with better attributes of both. Even though my ZR1 is much faster the ZL1 is rowdier and more raw. The ZR1 feels slow when it is going fast, the ZL1 feels fast when it is going slow.

If you are thinking of getting one be sure to think hard about whether you want a drag car vs a track car. If drag car get a normal zl1 with 10A. If track get the zle with 6M. Although not a go cart like a c5z the zle is nimble AF.

Also note that there has been a lot of progress on available fueling mods since these came out. The TooHighPSI port system lets you bypass all the highside/lowside bullshit. With proper fueling >1000 hp is easy and the LT4 SBE is stout AF.

High 8s are no prob with an f1a/twins/2650. Shit, you can run high 8s on the stock blower. Airflow is incredible on these - I did not do any cooling mods when I ran a ported stock blower and IATs are very stable. Compare to the same blower in the c7z, that ****er needs 11 heat exchangers LOL.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Freaking dope ass platform! That was a good write up Klaus I didnt realize they could go 8's so easily but after watching them torch a few fast Tarckhawks it doesnt surprise me.

It just looks awesome to. I have sold my Redeye now and bought another Tarckhawk to DD but I still got my eye of one of them ZL1's not gonna lie.....

Users who are viewing this thread