ZR1 On Track (Really Makes 850HP???)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Interesting about the HP. Pay attention at 0:58 to 1:11 marks. Matt Farra says Chevy says, 755HP is the "worst case" output. I think that's a load of bunk.

I noticed that Chevy still hasn't completely programmed out that long delay with the paddle shifts on the 8-speed.

Z06

Established Member
Isn't this along the lines of, the cooler the day the more power it will make for FI cars? That part stood out to me as well.

I watched both those videos earlier. If you check out Matt's article, he explained why the trans behave like that. At one point he hit the rev limiter and while downshifting, instead of holding the paddles down for one big gear drop, he went through them 1 by 1, so basically the trans was getting heated. GM did tell him to leave the car to shift on his own though.

Recon

Established Member
I like it just as much as the C6ZR1, which is quite a lot.
But the 100 hp increase due to climate is fishy. Why not rate the car at its best?

Pick your poison.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I like it just as much as the C6ZR1, which is quite a lot.
But the 100 hp increase due to climate is fishy. Why not rate the car at its best?

Pick your poison.

I actually like the "worst case scenario" rating. If Ford had done that with the '11/'12 GT500, they would've had to realistically rate it at 480 - 500 HP. "Worst case" was pretty much every time the engine had been running more than 30 seconds. The thing started pulling timing around 100* IAT2. Thank goodness for the aftermarket! Being able to make 755HP while heat soaked is pretty impressive.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
lol you actually believe that? a guy w a stop watch at one turn who have no idea what took place on the other 12 miles of the track. Got it!

I mean, technically, it doesn't matter what happened in the other 12 miles of track. lol

A lap time can be taken at any point on the lap, as long as it is started and stopped at the same physical part of the track.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
850 my arse.

Believe I saw a 135 trap last week on this car.....135 trap speed at 3700 lbs is 710 or so whp.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Z06

Established Member
I mean, technically, it doesn't matter what happened in the other 12 miles of track. lol

A lap time can be taken at any point on the lap, as long as it is started and stopped at the same physical part of the track.

Yeah but if the guy is feathering it at certain points or just gathering data. Did he go off track? Did he spin? Did he stop for a squirrel? j/k but we would never know until GM actually post a video, IF they ever do. Most cases a manufacturer rents the entire track to have a solo run. The GT3RS was seen with the ZR1 on track. I don’t think up to the claim of 7:12, none of the videos show the ZR1 alone pushing it. Industry pool days only.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
For a guy that says he doesn’t attend the church of the Ring, you sure like to go to the altar.
It’s cool to see gm let “stock” times slip out.

lol you actually believe that? a guy w a stop watch at one turn who have no idea what took place on the other 12 miles of the track. Got it!
Private multiple laps on the same day Porsche hit 6.56, yes I believe it. That guy was spot on in his timing of the GT3RS.

Stock gm vehicles are slower than their marketed times. The same way the z28 was slower than the 12 zl1.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Yeah but if the guy is feathering it at certain points or just gathering data. Did he go off track? Did he spin? Did he stop for a squirrel? j/k but we would never know until GM actually post a video, IF they ever do.
This was there best time of multiple runs. Gm wont release these times. They will go back with a non oem vehicle get a better time then advertise it as oem. They always do.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Jesus dude, give it a rest. We know GM cheats at everything and Ford is cleaner than a preacher's bed sheets.

Funny.....When the ZR1 bested the new Ford GT lap time (driven by their own factory pro driver) at Road Atlanta, all I heard from you was "Ford wasn't even trying". Ironic

For a guy that says he doesn’t attend the church of the Ring, you sure like to go to the altar.

Ain't that the truth.

Z06

Established Member
Jesus dude, give it a rest. We know GM cheats at everything and Ford is cleaner than a preacher's bed sheets.

Funny.....When the ZR1 bested the new Ford GT lap time (driven by their own factory pro driver) at Road Atlanta, all I heard from you was "Ford wasn't even trying". Ironic

Ain't that the truth.

Thank you! I respect everyone’s opinion on here, but damn some guys take it to the extreme.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
F09BEFE0-3803-478D-920D-A26FD91C4732.jpeg

Ain't that the truth.

I don’t like what gm does. I believe they are dishonest they take take it way beyond what other manufacturers do, like Ferrari and bmw or Porsche etc. Air pressure adjustments or tire warmers is very different than adding non oem equipment. If you disagree, no hard feelings.
I still feel the acr is close to or even a hair faster than the new zr1.

Concerning Billy and his VIR. Yes the selfie at 147 mid corner shows how every 10th mattered.

Users who are viewing this thread