What would you like to see us test on the SVTP 2012 GT?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Pretty simple, if you'd like to see a particular part tested by SVTP and have the unbiased results posted here just let us know. We'll try to make it happen.:beer:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
I don't know if they're even available but it would be nice to know (for those of us that want to stay street-legal) what stock replacement high-flow cats are worth, if anything. Maybe through an x-pipe.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Any of a vast list of things standard on a BOSS, that could be used on a GT to lower lap times, and drag times.

Also love to see a Watts link vs Panhard comparo. For feel, control and lap times.

18s vs 19s drag times and lap times with the same brand and model tires, as close to the same width as possible, (rotating mass illustration) with similar but different diameter wheels.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
'12 GT500/boss 302 optional recaro seat swap
MGW shifter(when it's released)
long tubes(or full exhaust, i'm a big fan of the Stainless Works set up)
JLT oil separator - maybe updates a 3 months on the oil lost
before & after of one of the 'ghost cam' tunes maybe
throw the boss 302 optional torsen LSD in back, look for subjective handling changes maybe
lightweight flywheel(see if there are any adverse effects on a daily driver)
maybe put some underdrive pulleys on the dyno to see if they're worth it
walmart air freshener comparo
carbon fiber driveshaft with before and after strip times maybe? that's not a cheap one(if there is one out there yet)

plus...
Any of a vast list of things standard on a BOSS, that could be used on a GT to lower lap times, and drag times.

Also love to see a Watts link vs Panhard comparo. For feel, control and lap times.

18s vs 19s drag times and lap times with the same brand and model tires, as close to the same width as possible, (rotating mass illustration) with similar but different diameter wheels.
all of this, plus...
O/r xpipe vs o/r hpipe
that(with audio)

Last edited:

FormulaFord

Established Member
I would like to see header results! Are they really worth the $? Ford put some good engineering into the stock units. I don't care if the car is stock or with tune and cai. It seems the only comparisons I read when long tubes are installed are accompanied by a tune and cai compared to stock.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
oh, and PLEASE don't supercharge it - everyone and their brother will be doing that! turbo, nitrous, or NA!
hey, maybe throw a boss intake on their and put together a cheater port injected nitrous set up under it!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
See how fast it can go with twins in a full weight street car with the manual 6spd! :rockon:

I'd like to see the limits of the factory Getrag, and/or find solutions for it to handle a lot more power. The Supra guys have been running 7 and 8s on factory getrags for a long time now, I'd love to see Mustangs do the same!

Ray Lucca

Established Member
1. Stock car broken in, with Premium fuel in the tank
2. FRPP Tune, Axle-back, K/N Kit
3. Cai, Catted X Pipe/ Custom and or Mail order Tune from our vendors
4. 525 HP/ FRPP Blower Kit
5. Cai, Custom Tune
6. Street LCA's, Street UCA's, Street Adj. Panhard Bar, Brackets??
7. Several different Lowering Spring sets
Hey, can't hurt to ask.....

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Be interesting to see the results of all the major tuner's box tunes at the track and on the street to see just how close or different they are.

Fenixfire

Slower than ever
Established Member
Stage 3 heads and cams and ported boss 302 intake with all the bolt ons to see what kinda numbers this bad boy can put down N/A.

Users who are viewing this thread