What would you like to see us test on the SVTP 2012 GT?

351inside

Established Member
I would like to see header results! Are they really worth the $? Ford put some good engineering into the stock units. I don't care if the car is stock or with tune and cai. It seems the only comparisons I read when long tubes are installed are accompanied by a tune and cai compared to stock.

This ^^^

Also compare different types of exhaust, lets say full header to axle back system, to say only a catback system.

Before and after with and removed stock resonators to see how much they are restricting the exhaust...

muffler deletes to a muffler system comparison

X vs H pipe

I would say different combinations of exhaust is the most important comparisons that you guys can make on these cars...

Nitrous times please...different combos:rockon:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
High flow catted mid pipe vs offroad. I'd agree on the wheel thing too, it's be interesting to see an 18" vs 19" comparison.

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Agreed, LTs vs stock test would be awesome.

-Comp cams with a boss head swap dynos inbetween both :)

-200rwhp through a nitrous plate. Im to scared to do it.

awesome!

11dsgGT

Established Member
Engine: Stock regrind cams, Comp Cams new set (they have 3 stages to test) and Ported heads, in a couple different combinations ie...stock, cams w/ported heads and w/out ect.
Throttle body-i havent seen anything on throttle body gains or differences when used with a tune, intake or both.

Suspension: A Watts link replacement over the panhard bar setup.

Nitrous! dry or wet?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Has anyone done twins yet? :)

Not that I recall.

I don't know if they're even available but it would be nice to know (for those of us that want to stay street-legal) what stock replacement high-flow cats are worth, if anything. Maybe through an x-pipe.

I'll look into that.

Any of a vast list of things standard on a BOSS, that could be used on a GT to lower lap times, and drag times.

Also love to see a Watts link vs Panhard comparo. For feel, control and lap times.

18s vs 19s drag times and lap times with the same brand and model tires, as close to the same width as possible, (rotating mass illustration) with similar but different diameter wheels.

The suspension stuff would be fun, but this is a Brembo car so I'm not sure if we can get a really fair comparison with a set of 18's that will clear the brakes.

O/r xpipe vs o/r hpipe

I've been talking to Lethal about doing this. Call them and tell them you want to see SVTP test them.

'12 GT500/boss 302 optional recaro seat swap
MGW shifter(when it's released)
long tubes(or full exhaust, i'm a big fan of the Stainless Works set up)
JLT oil separator - maybe updates a 3 months on the oil lost
before & after of one of the 'ghost cam' tunes maybe
throw the boss 302 optional torsen LSD in back, look for subjective handling changes maybe
lightweight flywheel(see if there are any adverse effects on a daily driver)
maybe put some underdrive pulleys on the dyno to see if they're worth it
walmart air freshener comparo
carbon fiber driveshaft with before and after strip times maybe? that's not a cheap one(if there is one out there yet)

plus...

all of this, plus...

that(with audio)

All good ideas.

Be the first with a stroker 5.0 based 5.8 with heads & cams?

5.8 would be a long way for that engine to go. There's not a lot of room in there for much of a stroker kit.

Comp cams are shipping out.

That could be interesting.

I would like to see header results! Are they really worth the $? Ford put some good engineering into the stock units. I don't care if the car is stock or with tune and cai. It seems the only comparisons I read when long tubes are installed are accompanied by a tune and cai compared to stock.

Headers could be fun.

oh, and PLEASE don't supercharge it - everyone and their brother will be doing that! turbo, nitrous, or NA!
hey, maybe throw a boss intake on their and put together a cheater port injected nitrous set up under it!

Why can't we do it all? This car isn't just going to be a build up. The combination will be changing on it all the time.

CAI VS. stock box with a K&N.

long tube headers VS. stock header w/ offroad pipe

I like the CAI vs. Filter idea. I'll give Airaid a call on that one.

This..and back to back 1/4 runs with stock drive shaft vs. light weight unit.

I think we might be able to do something that's more repeatable than track runs.

1. Stock car broken in, with Premium fuel in the tank
2. FRPP Tune, Axle-back, K/N Kit
3. Cai, Catted X Pipe/ Custom and or Mail order Tune from our vendors
4. 525 HP/ FRPP Blower Kit
5. Cai, Custom Tune
6. Street LCA's, Street UCA's, Street Adj. Panhard Bar, Brackets??
7. Several different Lowering Spring sets
Hey, can't hurt to ask.....

All good ideas.

i'm looking forward to seeing the MGW shifter review...

Word is that they're in production.:beer:

I picked up the car Sat. There's a pic on the SVTP Facebook page. I'll have a full write up later in the week.

fergy016

Established Member
I am not so interested in the parts exactly.

I am interested in the DIY information, the pictures, processes, issues found, and fixes to the install snags.

Even as lame as it sounds, a DIY to install an oem filter replacement would be nice to see the improvements on the 2012 compared to past mustang models so this will help people other than 2010-2012 owners.

Please return the car back to pretty much stock unless testing a selected set of products so we can see the real world gains.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I am not so interested in the parts exactly.

I am interested in the DIY information, the pictures, processes, issues found, and fixes to the install snags.

Even as lame as it sounds, a DIY to install an oem filter replacement would be nice to see the improvements on the 2012 compared to past mustang models so this will help people other than 2010-2012 owners.

Please return the car back to pretty much stock unless testing a selected set of products so we can see the real world gains.

That's sort of the plan.

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Another vote for a real world un-bias attempt to show aftermarket headers + o/r mid pipe vs. stock headers + o/r mid pipe

fergy016

Established Member
That seems pretty simple.

Thank you

I was thinking everyone else is asking you to spend money on parts, or find a vendor that will work with you, but I am more interested in seeing the gains from a true base line.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
The suspension stuff would be fun, but this is a Brembo car so I'm not sure if we can get a really fair comparison with a set of 18's that will clear the brakes.

I picked up the car Sat. There's a pic on the SVTP Facebook page. I'll have a full write up later in the week.

If I end up building one of these someday, I will probably use these.
2005-11 Mustang Machined Gt500 Wheel - 18X9.5 M-1007-Dc1895 by Ford Racing at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

m1007dc1895_5107.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Why can't we do it all? This car isn't just going to be a build up. The combination will be changing on it all the time.
ooo, i gotcha. i thought this was gonna go in one direction, didn't think there would be lots of major changes happening all the time. this should be really cool to watch!
what are the chances that we'll see this car featured in some magazine dyno tests? sounds like the perfect candidate!

03dsgdreams

Established Member
I would try to use as many ford racing parts as you can. Keep it N/A and not a drag only car make it be good at every aspect, daily driver comfort, handling, and straight line performance. For example the ford racing handling pack, I believe it includes bigger sway bars improved shocks and struts and lower stiffer springs. As far as power goes I would run a ford racing boss intake, ported heads, full exhaust and a tune. Long tubes, high flow catted x pipe and a cat back. Kooks headers and x pipe with a borla stinger cat back would be sweet! Those power mods alone should put you around 500 rwhp and the catted x pipe along with stock cams will make for a little bit of a sleeper. For the looks of the car IMO less is more. All it needs is some window tint some sick wheels like true forged or HRE and a low but not to low stance. Oh and dont forget the Torsen diff from the boss 302. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread