clutch pedal "soft" and hangs after a wot pull

13GT500SG

Established Member
Is their a spring to remove? Also would larger diameter clutch lines help? Change fluid? My vette would need the clutch fluid changed every other time i filled up with gas. Dirty fluid makes for clutch hanging... looks like the fluid for clutch and brakes are in same resevoir. Could this be true?:shrug:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
question 1: there is a spring assist you could remove, not sure what it would change
question 2: JHR lines might be a good idea
question 3: the fluid should be good, but many end up switching out ( I put amsoil in my tranny) I have yet to have any clutch hanging issues even after WOT pulls at the track or anywhere else. I still have my stock clutch in
question 4: the brake and clutch reservoir is the same

13GT500SG

Established Member
No went with the stock clutch for a couple of reasons. RXT is next nut would like for this clutch to last me some damn time...

13GT500SG

Established Member
I should try those lines and does anyone know where i can find that spring?

Bllit11

Established Member
13GT500SG,
That's one of the reasons I changed my clutch,it was doing the same thing.Haven't had any problems with this one.Aero7 is having the same issue I believe the dealership is taking care of it for him.Have you had any smell with the new one?

Myfast70

Established Member
My F-Body used to do the same thing. I just got in the habit of changing the fluid in reservoir after every hard driving session and never had another issue. I bought new Brembo fluid from Van but haven't had a chance to change it yet. The Brembo has a higher tolerance to heat than the stock fluid so it can't hurt.

Here's a link to the upgraded line you speak of. It's kinda pricey and I'm not entirely sure it will resolve your issues. Maybe try the spring first, then the fluid :shrug:

I know one of the reasons for the sticking pedal on the F-Bodies was the restricted fitting and one simple fix was the "drill mod" but I think it's a different issues with these cars.

Last edited:

flyby763

Established Member
The spring issues on the Boss is because it has 2 springs, the GT500 only has one spring that I dont think youre going to want to remove.

Snoopy49

Established Member
The spring issues on the Boss is because it has 2 springs, the GT500 only has one spring that I dont think youre going to want to remove.

The 2013 GT500 has the assist spring.

IMG_1545.gif

Snoopy49

Established Member
The picture I posted was of a Mustang GT.
I posted it because it looks the same as the 2013 GT500 assembly and had the callouts.

Here is a picture of the assembly in my 2013 GT500 for comparison.

2013GT500ClutchAssistSpring2_zpsdc86265b.gif

Last edited:

Bllit11

Established Member
13GT500SG,
If the clutch is working properly you shouldn't have to remove the spring. I know you have a new clutch take it back to the dealer that installed it an see what they say.I have a new clutch and don't have that issue anymore. NOT YET!!!!!! Right now mine is running good that's why i asked you have you had clutch smell or slipping.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Well ive modded since. Just trying to get as much life as possible out of the stock clutch. Next will be rxt. But right now the pedal hanfs after a long pull

Bllit11

Established Member
Snoopy49,
If your shelby was having this problem would you remove the spring or would you go back to the dealer? The car was designed with this that's why I wouldn't remove mine new clutch and all is good for now.There has to be something else or every shelby would be doing it. Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread